A breakfast cereal manufactured by the Post corporation made out of wheat, barley, salt, and yeast, with a granular texture. It has very little to do with grapes or nuts. While wol may not appreciate the cereal, I find it has a hearty, complex flavor, though I do recommend letting it sit in the milk for a while to soften the granules a bit. Excellent hot or cold, and best served with a dab of honey. Grape Nuts are a very nutritious and dense cereal, with 6 grams of protein and 210 calories in each half cup. They are also an excellent source of iron and various other vitamins and minerals.

Post also manufactures Grape Nuts Flakes and Grape Nuts O's. I've never sampled such cereals, but I suspect that they be blasphemy.


phenylketonurics: that's what makes them so tasty.

Alas, the writeup above this was deleted. The author is unknown, but I preserve their anonymous brilliance here for posterity and the good of humankind: "Grape Nuts: all the texture of gravel, without the flavor!"

Grape Nuts cereal is primarily comprised of the factory-processed eye crispies of primitive island natives.

Although it is an industrious venture, Post cereals actually travels from island to island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean near the ring of fire, exchanging kilograms upon kilograms of eye crispies for cold hard cash. The raw materials of these frequent trips are then brought back to the Post Cereal manufacturing plant where they are processed, packaged and in turn shipped to supermarkets around the world.

Fine, don't believe me.

Grape nuts are excellent with apple juice and in fact I think they are the best cereal for introducing new victims to the joys of eating cereal with apple juice.

(I acquired this habit as a small child when I was allergic to milk. I'm not allergic any more but still think most cereals taste much better with apple juice on them - especially dark, branny cereals such as Wheat Chex or Cracklin' Oat Bran. Not recommended for excessively sweetened cereals or those with marshmallows. Dried marshmallows tend to dissolve rapidly in the apple juice, creating an unpleasant gummy sludge.)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.