Also known as the "Graham Foundation for
Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts".
The mission of the Graham Foundation is to nurture and enrich an informed and creative public dialogue concerning architecture and the built environment.
The Graham Foundation was created in 1956 by a bequest from Ernest R. Graham (1866–1936), a prominent Chicago architect who was a protege of Daniel Burnham. Graham was Burnham's principal assistant in overseeing construction of the World's Columbian Exposition of 1893 and later helped D. H. Burnham & Co. achieve national prominence. Following Burnham's death in 1912, Graham carried on Burnham's architectural practice, first as Graham Burnham & Co. and, after 1917, as Graham, Anderson, Probst & White.