Golden Beach is one of the northernmost cities in Miami-Dade County, Florida, and is located along A1A, between the Atlantic Ocean and Intracoastal Waterway, sandwiched in by the cities of Hallandale Beach, Aventura, and Sunny Isles Beach. It's three blocks wide, and about a mile long.

This is one of the only places in urbanized South Florida where you can find houses—and really, really big houses at that—right on the ocean. If real estate is your thing, driving down A1A through Golden Beach is one of the most spectacular drives you'll ever take in your life: there are houses there that you probably couldn't afford to pay the property taxes on, let alone the mortgage.

That said, you'd best mind the speed limit. Golden Beach is one of South Florida's most notorious speed traps, and many clueless tourists racing up Ocean Drive get caught by the local police, who keep cars stationed at either end of the city all day and all night. This is only one way that the millionaire residents keep their city peaceful: they also neglected to build sidewalks along A1A in Golden Beach, mostly to keep pedestrians and casual cyclists out.

If you're looking for a nice, wide, peaceful beach in South Florida, then this is the place to find it. While you can't park at Golden Beach without a resident's permission, you can simply walk down from Hallandale Beach, park your rear end on their comfy lounge chairs, and forget Interstate 95 for hours at a time. There's no high-rise erosion, and very few fat Canadians in thongs: only the sky, the sea, and occasionally Paul Newman.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.