The Gnostic Catholic Church
, or Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica
, was founded in 1907 by Jean Bricaud, Gérard Encausse and Louis-Sophrone Fugairon. In 1908 Theodor Reuss also received consecration
in the church in thanks for granting a patent to Encausee for the Masonic Rites
of Memphis and Mizraim. In this year the church itself was incorporated into the O.T.O.
(Ordo Templi Orientis
In 1913 Aleister Crowley
coined the term Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica
when he wrote the Gnostic Mass
which became adopted as an official rite. The publication of the Mass was formal acceptance of the Law of Thelema
by the G.C.C.
The Gnostic Catholic Church became an integral part of the O.T.O. when Aleister Crowley declared himself "Sovereign Patriarch
and Primate of the Gnostic Catholic Church" in 1918.
The Gnostic Catholic Church is not recognized as an official Christian
church and does not administer any Christian Sacraments
For more information: http://www.otohq.org