Glen Plake, the human incarnation of pure skiing.

A native South Lake Tahoe skier, Glen Plake is probably the most well known skier throughout America. He is hard to miss with his two foot tall mohawk that has changed colors more times than anyone can count but has been around for 19 years.

Glen Plake started his skiing career in 1987 staring in the film "Maltese Flamingo". Since then he has virtually held skiing on his shoulders as snowboarding took over the slopes by youths everywhere. Glen Plake has also starred in multiple skiing films, including famous ski movie director Warren Miller's movie "Sno What!?". Plake's other films include:

  • Blizzard of Aahhh's
  • License to Thrill
  • Dr. Strangeglove
  • Natural Born Skier

Glen Plake is not only brash and extreme he is also an excellent skier. With a lack of money and a desire to bring skiing back in early 1991 when snowboarding became popular, Glen started a grass roots tour called the "Down Home Tour". This was a skiing tour where Glen Plake would simply go out to meet all the local skiers and give them tips and have fun.

Now Glen is producing movies as well as starring in them, such as "Fistfull of Moguls" which he helped produce. He is also helping the revolution as skiing is becoming cool again. Skiers are competing with snowboards in jump competitions and infiltrating the once snowboarder-only halfpipe.


Some information provided by Skiing Magazine 2001

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.