I'm not trying to start a flame war. I'm not going to make broad blanket statements. BUT. I know several women who have the whole damn world on their keychains, and then bitch and moan about how heavy it is, and how they always disconnected the one set of keys they actually need at the moment.

My ex girlfriend had the following on her keychain:
  • Four keys: Two for the front door at home, two for her dorm room and mailbox at school.
  • One big round yellow smiley face floating in an oil-filled plastic sphere, weighted so that it would bob around but always more or less stay right-side up.
  • The college lanyard thing that is supposed to go around your neck, or maybe hang out of your pocket. Of course, because of all the extra baggage on her keychain, it usually just stayed in her purse.
  • No less than two of those "witty" keychains, with things like "I smile because I have no idea what's going on."
  • A small wallet type thing, to carry her school ID and usually a credit card or two.

Keep in mind that each of these extras had their own ring, as well, and they all had to be connected somehow. It got pretty ridiculous.

Compare this to what most of my male friends have on their keychains: A few keys (I am unfortunately stuck with a whopping SEVEN right now) and a church key. Some guys replace the bottle opener with some less-functional item.. a little lego man, a free keychain with a store logo, etc. Nothing big, nothing heavy.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.