Ghetto Monopoly™ is one of the most dangerous games known to man.
The setup is exactly the same as the regular Monopoly™ board game. The banker distributes the following money to each player:
2 each of 500s, 100s, and 50s
5 each of 10s, 5s, and 1s
6 each of 20s
The more players, the more fun you’ll have. I recommend at least four, but no more than seven. Things start to get a little too crazy once that number is reached.
Now, the exciting part. After it is decided who will go first, it is a rule that all hell breaks loose. Cheating is not frowned upon; in fact, it is highly encouraged. If no one notices, it doesn’t even count as cheating. There are five basic rules to play and master ghetto monopoly by:
- The Mediterranean/Baltic Avenue combination is priceless; do anything to obtain this monopoly.
- If no one’s looking, it never happened. If your neighbor is busy rolling the dice, feel free to help yourself to his pile of cash. Just make sure he doesn’t notice.
- Being in jail is a social situation, and you must do anything to visit your fellow players when they’re locked up. Sometimes it’s necessary to ignore what the dice say.
- Always demand more money. If you land on Go, you’re entitled to four hundred dollars at least. If you roll a two, you get one each of every bill from the bank. Other laws can be created as the game progresses. Just be creative.
- Faster! Faster! Faster! The faster the game, the better. Feel free to snatch the dice off the board before the person before you has even had a chance to move. This increases your chances to win by approximately 58%.
With new rules in mind, test your skills at Ghetto Monopoly™ today! Not sold in stores. Yet.