"Into the Groove" is a Madonna Song, written for the 1985 movie "Desperately Seeking Susan." As I'm about to explain, it's quite easy to interpret it as being really, really filthy.

Whenever I hear that song, I am reminded of the opening scene of that career-making Quentin Tarantino film "Reservoir Dogs," where Tarantino's Mr. Brown is talking about another Madonna song of the same era, "Like a Virgin." Tarantino's take on "Like a Virgin" is that it is "a metaphor for big dicks," (in contrast to "True Blue" which is about a good girl falling in love). Sayeth the Tarantino:

Mr. Brown: Lemme tell you what 'Like a Virgin' is about. It's all about this cooze who's a regular fuck machine, I'm talking morning, day, night, afternoon, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick.
Mr. Blue: How many dicks is that?
Mr. White: A lot.
Mr. Brown: Then one day she meets this John Holmes motherfucker and it's like, whoa baby, I mean this cat is like Charles Bronson in The Great Escape, he's digging tunnels. Now, she's gettin' the serious dick action and she's feeling something she ain't felt since forever. Pain. Pain.
Mr. Brown: It hurts her. It shouldn't hurt her, you know, her pussy should be Bubble Yum by now, but when this cat fucks her it hurts. It hurts just like it did the first time. You see the pain is reminding a fuck machine what it once was like to be a virgin. Hence, 'Like a Virgin'.

So, if "Like a Virgin" is really about getting deeply penetrated by a big dick, what portion of the female anatomy might possibly be brought to mind by the phrase "into the groove"?

On a meandering side note, isn't it odd that "groove" is like, one of the only words in the English language that has a "double-o" - "v" - "e"? I mean, most of the very few words that rhyme with it just have one "o"; prove and move; the only other word I can think of that uses the same spelling layout is hoove, which is the verb form having something to do with a hoof action, I know not quite what. All the other "o" - "v" - "e" words are like above or love or dove (the bird) or glove, or like cove or wove or dove (different meaning of dove, the one related to diving) or trove. There is this supposed writer for the Onion, Smoove B, which is another story altogether.

But I digress.

Actually if that is what the lyrics mean, it's a pretty bold analogy of the dancing = sex tradition in rock and roll music. The chorus of the song goes: "Get into the groove / Boy you've got to prove / Your love to me" -- meaning perhaps, "if you love me, fuck me!!" Of course, it could also refer to oral sex (performed by the boy, on the girl, to be clear). More telling is the verse where Madonna reveals "Only when I'm dancing can I feel this free / At night I lock the doors, where no one else can see / I'm tired of dancing here all by myself / Tonight I wanna dance with someone else" -- interpreted according to my initial impression, this means that she masturbates. A lot. And is tired of masturbating and instead wants some real cock action.

There are other interpretable throw-away lines peppered throughout the song. "Dancing around you feel the sweet sensation"; "We might be lovers if the rhythm's right"; "Live out your fantasy here with me"; "Touch my body, and move in time".... but the fundament of it is that, just like Fat Bastard tells Mini-Me in the Austin Powers movies to "get in mah belly!!" Madonna is telling the subject of the song, "get in mah pussy!!"

So, in conclusion, there are many clues both literal and cultural that indicate that this Madonna song is really a reference to her needy vagina. Thank you.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.