A rather unpleasant cocktail that has brought grief to many. It's not widely known, but if you make one you'll understand why.

Ingredients:
2 oz. Vodka
2 oz. Tequila
2 oz. Gin
Orange juice

Directions:
In a cocktail shaker mix the vodka, tequila and gin over ice. Pour into two highball glasses and top up with orange juice. Drink. Die.

The Gentle Ben and My Modifications

First off, you should know the story behind this drink. "Gentle Ben" was a television show in the 1960's about a boy and his loveable, 650-pound black bear. Think Lassie but with about 600 pounds added on. Anyway, they had many great adventures that were later exploited for some meh 2000's ripoffs.

So enough about Gentle Ben, the bear. Let's talk about the drink.

Some unfortunate fellow has gotten to the Gentle Ben first but obviously outweighed the danger. In fact, the ingredients for a Gentle Ben are ONE ounce of each (Vodka, Tequila, and Gin), not two ounces. They are quite enjoyable if consumed in moderation and surprisingly mix so well that they don't leave you feeling, well, mauled by a 650-pound bear the next day.

A shot glass will do well for the measuring of an ounce (use about 2/3 of one and you'll have what you need), so all you'll need to do is fill a shot glass two-thirds with each liquor and pour them in turn into your drink. The order usually doesn't matter, but the work pays off.

Remember to place the correct amount of each liquor in your drink. The fellow above can tell you what happens if you don't.

Fill the rest of the drink with orange juice and shake. Drink and enjoy.

Now, as to the modifications: I decided to re-mix (see what I did there?) my drink of choice into something a little more dangerous.

-Half a shot glass of vodka, tequila, gin and RUM. (You may substitute Malibu if you wish for that last one)
-Orange juice to 3/4 of the drink full.
-1/4 shot Triple Sec.
-Pineapple juice to almost full.
-A splash of Grenadine.

The drink will look much fruitier, taste smoother and fruitier, and most importantly, hit you when you're least expecting it.

I call it the Genteel Bear. Enjoy.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.