Translation: yoga position meaning "the eagle posture"
1. Stand with the feet together and the arms by your sides. (see tada-asana)
2. Raise the left foot, bending the knee and wrap it around the front of the right leg. The back of your left thigh should be resting on the front of your right thigh.
3. Cross your arms at the elbows, left over right.
4. Press your palms together, keeping your fingers pointed upward.
5. Inhale and hold the posture for the duration of the inhaled breath.
6. Exhale and return to the tada-asana. Repeat on the opposite side, wrapping the right leg over the left, and right arm over the left.
Comments: This posture will strengthen the legs, knees and ankles. It stretches and tones muscles of the legs that grow weak from typical lifestyles. The garuda-asana may also aid in relieving cramps.