Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling. The idea of an all-girl wrestling promotion was first launched by David McLean and his Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling. GLOW was an odd mixture of tits & ass, cartoon and comedy based around a wrestling theme. Fans anticipating pro wrestling were soon disappointed, as the girls didn't know the first thing about grappling. It was difficult to say what audience the show was trying to reach, but after a year and a half it didn't matter because the promotion ran out of money and disappeared.

These women of wrestling had other promotions that they could move to such as The Ladies Professional Wrestling Association (LPWA) which first appeared in the '90s soon after the demise of GLOW. Started by Tor Berg and remnants of the defunct AWA, it was the first all-girl promotion in 35 years to showcase professional women wrestlers.

Glow (?), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Glowed (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Glowing.] [AS. glwan; akin to D. gloeijen, OHG. gluoen, G. gluhen, Icel. gla, Dan. gloende glowing. . Cf. Gloom.]

1.

To shine with an intense or white heat; to give forth vivid light and heat; to be incandenscent.

Glows in the stars, and blossoms in the trees. Pope.

2.

To exhibit a strong, bright color; to be brilliant, as if with heat; to be bright or red with heat or animation, with blushes, etc.

Clad in a gown that glows with Tyrian rays. Dryden.

And glow with shame of your proceedings. Shak.

3.

To feel hot; to have a burning sensation, as of the skin, from friction, exercise, etc.; to burn.

Did not his temples glow In the same sultry winds and acrching heats? Addison.

The cord slides swiftly through his glowing hands. Gay.

4.

To feel the heat of passion; to be animated, as by intense love, zeal, anger, etc.; to rage, as passior; as, the heart glows with love, zeal, or patriotism.

With pride it mounts, and with revenge it glows. Dryden.

Burns with one love, with one resentment glows. Pope.

 

© Webster 1913.


Glow, v. t.

To make hot; to flush.

[Poetic]

Fans, whose wind did seem To glow the delicate cheeks which they did cool. Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.


Glow, n.

1.

White or red heat; incandscence.

2.

Brightness or warmth of color; redness; a rosy flush; as, the glow of health in the cheeks.

3.

Intense excitement or earnestness; vehemence or heat of passion; ardor.

The red glow of scorn. Shak.

4.

Heat of body; a sensation of warmth, as that produced by exercise, etc.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.