A wonderful flavor of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. It's identified as one of their "2-Twisted!" flavors, and described as "White Russian meets Coffee Coffee BuzzBuzzBuzz! -- A caffeinated cross of coffee ice cream with coffee liqueur mixed with espresso fudge chips." I ate about a serving of it, and I got about as much "buzz" as a 20 oz. Code Red. However, the amazing part about it is the flavor. If you like coffee (even at all), you'll love this ice cream. Come to think of it, I don't even like coffee (that's why I drink lots of Mountain Dew Code Red).

Here's a rundown of the flavor. You take a bite. You taste coffee ice cream... that's normal, I'm sure you've had that before. However, as it swirls around your tongue (pun intended), you can taste little extreme bursts of coffee flavor. And in pretty much every bite, you get a small crunch. At first it seems like a chocolate chip... it looks like a chocolate chip... it's sweet like a chocolate chip. But it tastes like you're biting into a coffee bean that's been roasted and soaked in sugar. Well, it tastes better than it sounds. Try it!

It's noteworthy that this flavor was most likely named after the James Bond movie From Russia With Love. It's also noteworthy that this flavor, like every other Ben & Jerry's flavor, is Kosher.

Ingredients:1

Nutrition Info:


Footnotes:

  1. This is the order that the ingredients are listed on the container. Presumably they are listed in order of largest-to-smallest amounts used.
  2. Isn't this usually called Soy Lecithin? I could've sworn I've seen it that way. Maybe that's something else entirely.
  3. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.


Sources:

  • http://www.benjerry.com/product/pints.tmpl#2twisted
  • http://www.benjerry.com/product/index.tmpl
  • The 1-pint (473mL) container, sold in stores

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.