Freehold is two small towns in suburban central New Jersey sandwiched between 195, the Garden State Parkway, and the New Jersey Turnpike. It's west of Belmar, north of Tom's River, east of Trenton and south of Old Bridge. Its neighboring towns include Howell, Manalapan, Colts Neck, Marlboro, and Jackson.

It's an upper middle class community where everyone thinks they're upper class. A lot of the families are displaced from NYC. There are distinct social classes considering what part of Freehold you live in.

Freehold Boro is actually a separate town from Freehold Township. They have a separate high school and separate court houses but are both referred to as "Freehold". They are located right on top of each other in the shape of a donut; the "doughnut hole" being Freehold Boro, the county seat and hometown of Bruce Springsteen and the "Doughnut" being Freehold Township. When you refer to the town you are from as "Freehold," you will probably get the question, "Boro or Township?" If not, you will most likely then get the question, "Where the hell is that?"

It's one of the worst places to live if you want easy access to New York City (considering it's a SUBURB of NYC) since there isn't a train station to NYC in a 15 mile radius.

Freehold is also currently having a huge population boom making the highways gridlocked at rush hour and the high schools overcrowded.

On the border of Freehold Boro and Freehold Township is the Freehold Raceway Mall. One of the perks of Freehold is its easy access to shopping considering we have an ACME, Pathmark, ShopRite, Wegman's, Circuit City, Wiz, Macy's, Nordstrom's, Sears, JC Penny, Home Depot, Walmart, TGIFridays, AppleBee's, Ruby Tuesday's, Denny's, and the 200 other stores in the mall and located up and down Route 9. The Great Adventure Shopping Outlets also have every brand of clothing you could possibly imagine at discount price.

Great Adventure Theme Park is only a few minutes away too.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.