Freakazoid had 24 episodes in all, 13 in its first season, and 11 in the second. However, only 22 episodes aired on Kids WB!, with episodes 207(20) and 211(24) first airing on Cartoon Network.


Complete Episode list (thanks to the Digital Archive Project's Master List):
101( 1) Dance of Doom
102( 2) Candle Jack
103( 3) Mo-Ron
104( 4) And Fan Boy Is His Name
105( 5) Foamy the Freakadog
106( 6) The Chip (Acts I-III)
107( 7) The Chip (Act IV)
108( 8) Hot Rods from Heck
109( 9) Relax-O-Vision
110(10) In Arms Way
111(11) Next Time, Phone Ahead
112(12) House of Freakazoid
113(13) The Wrath of Guitierrez
201(14) Dexter's Date
202(15) The Freakazoid
203(16) Mission Freakazoid
204(17) A Matter of Love
205(18) Virtual Freak
206(19) Hero Boy
207(20) Freak-a-Panel
208(21) The Island of Dr. Mystico
209(22) Statuesque
210(23) Two Against Freak
211(24) Normadeus

If waiting for Cartoon Network to air your favorite episode, much less any episode at all, of Freakazoid, is too much, there is an alternative method of getting your fix of Freakazoid. All episodes of both seasons have been digitally archived in high quality MPEG4 format by the DAP, or Digital Archive Project, which can be found at www.dapcentral.org.

Freakazoid! was produced by Steven Spielberg as part of a successful series of cartoons including Tiny Toon Adventures, and Animaniacs. The show was created by Paul Rugg who also did Freakazoid's voice and initially aired on the nationally broadcasted Kids' WB block of cartoons on Saturday mornings. It only lasted 2 season from around 1996-1998 because it had low viewing from its target audience. The show was jam packed with all sorts of cultural references, although it didn't really imped the humor, understanding the references certainly was an added bonus. Freakazoid had 24 original episodes with 2 being aired on Cartoon Network before the show was canned and all reruns broadcasted on the cable network.


Plot

Freakazoid is the alter-ego of 17-year-old computer nerd, Dexter Douglas who recieved a much wanted Pinnacle Chip based computer for his Christmas present. Unknown to Dexter was the flaw in the Pinnacle that would cause a user to be sucked into the Internet if the correct combination of keys was typed followed by delete. It just so happened that his cat happened to walk over the keyboard and type it cause Dexter to be sucked into the Internet when he attempted to delete the nonsense and transformed into Freakazoid, the whimsical manifestation of information overload.


Characters

  • Freakazoid! -- Teenage superhero with blue skin and strange superpowers. He walks around in red underwear, he returns to his alter-ego of Dexter Douglas by saying "Freak In!"
  • Dexter Douglas -- Seventeen-year-old teenage computer nerd who got sucked into the Internet and transformed into Freakazoid. He changes to the nutty superhero by saying "Freak Out!"
  • Steph -- Freakazoid's girlfriend. She's Sergeant Cosgrove's niece.
  • Roddy MacStew -- The computer engineer for Apex Microchip who discovered the flaw in the Pinnacle Chip and attempted to warn everyone. He got thrown out of a window instead.
  • Sergeant Cosgrove -- Freakazoid's police friend who takes him to lots of random and fun events.
  • Mrs. Douglas -- Dexter's mother who doesn't have a clue. To her Roddy is Dexter's driving instructor and Dwight D. Eisenhower is still President of the United States.
  • Mr. Douglas -- Dexter's father. A car salesman, he thinks a goblin lives in his gas tank and is unable to mark time using tick marks.
  • Duncan Douglas -- Dexter's older brother. He's a bully and takes any chance he gets to punch his brother, however, he's deathly afraid of Freakazoid.

    Villains

  • The Lobe -- A brilliant archvillian with a brain for a head. He's Freakazoid's archrival and has very low self-esteem.
  • Longhorn -- A criminal who was changed into a steer by a doctor. He wants to make it big in the country music industry but is quite possibly the worst singer in the world.
  • Armando Guitierrez -- CEO of Apex who tried to use the flaw to help him take over the world. He was sent to jail and eventually was able to exploit the chip and attempted to get his revenge on Freakazoid.
  • Cave Guy -- A highly intelligent neanderthal who prays on the defenseless and enjoys reading The New Yorker.
  • Candle Jack -- The real life boogyman who will only come if one says his name. So don't say it!
  • Cobra Queen -- A former shoplifter who stole an experiemental beauty lotion from a secret faxmactor laboratory. It had been sitting in the sun too long and gave her the powers to control snakes and lizards.
  • Arms Akimbo -- Sells "Oops! Insurance" (i.e. Paid not to destroy merchandise; extortion), arms frozen in a jaunty pose because of his French parents forced him to be a model as a young child.

    Others

  • Emmett Neverend -- Put in the cartoon by the animators...he's a running gag and is probably found somewhere on every show. The amount of times he appears in each episode can be found in the closing credits (Although it isn't necessary that it tells you; random comments put in the credits where it says "Find Emmett Neverend")

    Shorts

  • Lord Bravery -- One of the main cartoon shorts. He's the most underappreciated superhero in history and quite frustrated by it. Often confused by the British public as a namesake bakery.
  • The Huntsman -- An obssesive crimefighter who lives in the woods and was a given his superpowers when he saved a chunky elf from being eaten by a crow. He is quite agitated in the lack of crime that he finds.

    One Time Shorts

  • Toby Danger -- Parody of Johnny Quest.
  • Fat Man & Boy Blubber -- Guess...
  • Lawn Gnomes -- The "history" of lawn gnomes, they were annoying creatures who harrassed the Vikings and were cursed to be statues during the day until they helped mankind out of the goodness of their heart.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.