... though sometimes gay friend would be an apt description.

viz:

What is it that makes people and co-workers misperceive someone's sexual oreintation? I don't think I come off as gay. I don't think I have a gay-sounding voice, or a gay walk. Yet it continues to happen.

Is there something about a man with short hair and one earring? If I wore my hair in a mullet would I still have this problem?

Is it the glasses?

Is it because I pay attention to what people are saying?

Is it because don't own any hockey jerseys?

I'm a dad for chrissakes! I've been married, sired two children, divorced, dumped a string of hopeless girlfriends, had a torrid affair with a good friend's SO...

I mean, heck! I guess there might be things about me that are slightly suspect.

But if there's one thing I truly love (I mean can't-stop-thinking-about-it love) it's women.

I know I don't appear androgynous. I've taken pains to make sure of that.

But through some miscalculation of style, do I somehow seem gay?


props to Alpha42

SO YOU'VE BEEN MISPERCEIVED AS A HOMOSEXUAL

or, "Am I a fauxmosexual?"

What is a red-blooded heterosexual male to do? Herewith The Management presents a guide to help men in such straits (*snort*) better present their true natures:

To convince your homosexual friends that you are not playing for the same team as they:

To convince your heterosexual friends of your good standing:

Or, to easily satisfy both sides of the fence when challenged, politely smile and say, "I apologize, but I don't believe my choice of partner is any of your business... if, in fact, it were any of your business, why, YOU'D ALREADY KNOW."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.