Difficult (but not impossible) to be tactful these days, but it's the decent thing to strive for, especially when dealing with other human beings. Be wary that your reasons for certain behaviors are not excuses or ways to be unkind. Be kind.


We is in reference to anyone who also ascribes to this practice regardless of age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, genetic information, disability, disease, disorder, or opinions which differ from the norm. In other words, everyone is included if they so choose.


Currently, to clarify, includes this exact moment moving forward along the time-space continuum to include any and all potential dimensions as yet to be discovered until The Next Big Bang, at which time this policy will become null and void, (and everybody and everything vaporized.)


Advocating is highly recommended, both for yourself and others, (if need be), in a calm but concise manner. This skill is not for the faint of heart and in legal matters, you must obey both the spirit and the letter of the law. Do your homework regarding advocacy where you reside.


The use of violence is where things get thorny and my advice would be to let your conscience be your guide. Think twice or more before any type of activity that could be construed or interpreted as violence of any variety, especially but not limited towards children. Words can be violent whether written or spoken.


Sorcery is a subject I have slim knowledge of but know people who believe in its power or are actively part of groups which practice this dark art. I'll bow to Disney on this one; you've all seen the movies and know who is naughty and who is nice. Be nice.


A few thoughts about privacy: this topic has changed drastically and will continue to do so. In other words, if you're reading this, your privacy is probably not as secure as you would like to think. Personally, I believe privacy is highly important, implicitly incurring trust and a measure of respect. Conversely, I think too much privacy leads to alienation, (not a good state of being.)


Last but by no means least, while individuality is sought after and praised, there's something to be said for those who have the generosity of spirit to teach others to work together for the common good. For every individual whose star shines a bit brighter, they are elevated because they stand on the strong, gracious shoulders of someone who believed in them. Be encouraging.


IN

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.