Album released in 1995 by county-folk singer Nanci Griffith on Elektra Records. Excellent lyrics and performance. The project includes work by many other popular artists, namely, Adam Duritz of Counting Crows, Amy Ray and Emily Saliers of the Indigo Girls, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen, Jr. of U2, Emmylou Harris,The Chieftans, Dave Schools of Widespread Panic, and the songs "Time of Inconvenience" and "Always Will" were produced by Peter Buck of R.E.M., and probably some other guest appearances that I'm not aware of... OK, if you're not interested in hearing this cd by now, you must be in a coma or a hardcore sillyhead. Seek professional help, and after that, find this cd and give it a spin.

The Flyer
Nobody's Angel
Say It Isn't So
Southbound Train
These Days In An Open Book
Time Of Inconvenience
Don't Forget About Me
Always Will
Going Back To Georgia
Talk To Me While I'm Listening
Fragile
On Grafton Street
Anything You Need But Me
Goodnight To A Mother's Dream
This Heart

When it comes to arcade games a flyer is a promotional brochure. Well, actually a flyer is a promotional item concerning just about anything, but this writeup deals with arcade flyers specifically.

Flyers are usually mailed out by the game manufacturers, and passed around at trade shows to try to get operators to purchase the game in question. Most long-term game operators have thousands of assorted flyers that they have accumulated over the years.

As the years have passed, flyers have become a valuable resource in determining what certain games looked like, and what configurations they were available in. Some games simply don't exist at all anymore, save for a flyer or two.

Flyers have recently become collectable. Many people try to get the flyers for the games that they own. Some people even collect flyers just to have them.

There will often be multiple versions of any given flyer. Sometimes a company will make flyers for games that never even end up being produced. At the moment, most flyers tend to sell for under $10 USD, and most of them can be had easily on eBay.

Fly"er (?), n. [See Flier.]

1.

One that uses wings.

2.

The fly of a flag: See Fly, n., 6.

3.

Anything that is scattered abroad in great numbers as a theatrical programme, an advertising leaf, etc.

4. Arch.

One in a flight of steps which are parallel to each other(as in ordinary stairs), as distinguished from a winder.

5.

The pair of arms attached to the spindle of a spinning frame, over which the thread passes to the bobbin; -- so called from their swift revolution. See Fly, n., 11.

6.

The fan wheel that rotates the cap of a windmill as the wind veers.

Internat. Cyc.

7. Stock Jobbing

A small operation not involving ? considerable part of one's capital, or not in the line of one's ordinary business; a venture.

[Cant]

Bartlett.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.