Atari 2600 Game
Produced by: Apollo
Model Number: AP2009
Rarity: 4 Scarce
Year of Release: 1982

Have you ever wished that you could recreate all the boredom of being an Air Traffic Controller? But without all the stress involved in being responsible for the lives of hundreds of people. Well now you can, (when I say "now" I of course mean 1982), with Final Approach for the Atari 2600. Now you to can send airplanes to their fiery doom, (without all the bad karma associated with your standard airline crash).

The game itself has nice graphics in the foreground, (inside of control tower), but the background graphics of the planes and runways are oversimplified. The boring repetitive nature of this game will make you quickly put it away.

From the instruction manual:

You are an Air Traffic Controller at a busy international airport. Literally thousands of lives are in your hands every day as you guide giant airliners and small private aircraft taking off and landing. You try to stay relaxed under the intense pressure of your job, but you must always be ready for emergencies.

This game is valued at around $20 USD. Games with boxes and manuals are worth more.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.