Woke up with a massive head ache; no I wasn't out boozing yesterday. Took 3 aspirin and I'm feeling quite lost and disconnected at the moment.

I tried to explain E2 to one of my neighbours yesterday. No chance. He didn't get it. That's what probabaly gave me the head aches.

My seti@home user page reports:

Results Received  84  
Total CPU Time  934 hr 07 min  
Average CPU Time per work unit  11 hr 07 min 13.8 sec  
Last result returned: Thu Feb 21 08:06:35 2002 UTC 

Pretty pathetic really. Oh, well...
Regards.

An angel visited this place. She came during the night into this cold cafeteria, this place of sterile echos. She made her visit and left bouquets of fresh flowers in the restrooms (male and female, mind you!). The management denied this happened. It was not a "new restaurant policy" and they claimed ignorance of the whole deal.

I guess, some people can't see angels.

for a.
muse

today marks quite a special occasion for me.
five years ago, LadySun and i decided that this would mark the date we officially became a couple.
i'm still not sure why that day was decided.
it falls neatly in between valentine's day and her birthday. that helps.
the first time we saw each other after we made it official was March 21, 1997. it's possible we chose this date to make it one month from when we started dating.
how do you measure five years?
sixty months.
one thousand, eight hundred and twenty six days.
forty three thousand, eight hundred and twenty four hours.
two million, six hundred twenty-nine thousand, four hundred and forty minutes.
MILLION.
not that we spent them all together.
the first two years were spent on separate coasts, with one or both of us in college; part of it, we were even on separate continents.
and we managed to survive the distance and the time, going as many as five months without seeing each other.
our son was born in 1999.
later that year, i finally graduated and moved back to my hometown.
from then, we were rarely separated.
in late 2000, we started seriously living together, sharing first a twin bed in a small room in an apartment we shared with my mother, my aunt, her boyfriend, and three dogs. we later moved to a house in the Rockaways and up to a larger bed.
after numerous disasters, personal and otherwise, we moved to New Jersey, our first house together. a year ago today, i asked her to marry me. i didn't know her ring size, so i grabbed her thumb ring off of the TV and proposed to her, holding it out as my offering.
five years.
they haven't all been perfect. what can be, for so long?
we've had our share of fights. but they've been more than tempered by the love.
she's at work now. i won't see her again until late tonight
i think the wait will be worth it.
I love you with all i am, Jenny.
always.
ive been thinking if i left some day i wouldn't want some people to know the things ive written here so if they could go away when im gone that would be good. if i am ever gone just take them all away

~

the day has seemed long i ate the entire strip of crackers and i'm too tired. to walk or anything like that. i thought there would be spaces there even if i didn't ptu them there because look how clearly i am thinking tonight. so clearly its amazing if i'd just shut up it would be good.

they like links here dont they.

I'm in high spirits. What's been happening the last couple days? Well lots actually, at least in my normally dull life. Well let's see...

Yesterday was a long day but a good day. I got up early, (which for me was about 11am). I showered and got ready to leave the house. I got online, messed around on E2 while I talked to my boyfriend Ed and my best friend YellowFlower. Then I said goodbye to Ed, and told YellowFlower I'd see her soon.

I took her back her laptop that she loaned me. We then went to the Christian Book store and bought something for Ed but I'm not going to say what because it's still in the mail. hehehe. He knows what it is but not which one it is.

After that we went to the post office. That was an adventure. Me and her are so much alike it's scary. Two dumb valleygirls. "Um, like Miss Postlady, like how do I sent this to Illinios? And I like need to send money to someone in Ohio. I'm like totally clueless and like she like don't know either so we like need help." That is like an exact quote too, which is kinda scary LOL Finally after a lot of back and forth with the Asian post office worker that didn't understand us and we didn't understand her, we finally got a money order sent to Christopher and a birthday present sent to Ed.

From there we went down to the college. I paid the dollar it cost to park and found a parking spot fairly close. I walked her to class then went to the bookshop there. I bought a Code Red Mountain Dew and some sinus pills. Then I went to the computer lab and sent an email to Christopher to tell him I'd sent him the money. While there I got my scantron and pencil and ID out so that when I got to the testing center on the other side of campus I'd have everything ready. I took the test for my psychology class and guessed on almost all of the answers. After that I found her around campus after lots of searching. We left the school and had the whole "now what do we do" "anything but home" conversation.

We ended up in downtown Covina. We walked around and swore we wouldn't buy anything. I came home with two cd's and some candy. She bought some candy and something else too I think. We went in a record store that was going out of business that actually sells records as in LPs! Remember those blank spiny things? We also went in the used book shop and I was so tempted to spend so much money there but we both managed to leave that scary claustophobic store without actually buying anything. We also went in the new book store and escaped there emptyhanded there too. We went in a few other stores too including Candy Connection and each came out spending only a dollar a piece.

Then we went home because it was getting dark and when the sun goes down the town pretty much shuts down completly. I got online and talked to Ed and he let me hear him through netfone (I think that's what it's called). This is so cool! I can hear him! He can say "I love you" and it's not just words on a computer screen. Eventually I'll get myself a headset so I can talk to him too but I've ran out of money for the month.

When I had to log off I was sad because I had to stop listening to his wonderful voice but happy and content at the same time. I got a lot done last night in my room and watched like 3 old movies but I don't remember what they were.

Today I got up feeling pretty good. Talked to Ed and Christopher and now I'm listening to Ed again. Then after talking to Christopher there was a loud knock on the door. It was the mailman! I got my laptop!!!!! Woohoo! And it works good! Christopher Rules!!! He put all these off-the-wall little things in it to and made me laugh. It's been a good day!

So in summary:

I Saw You Floating In My Cereal

There you were,

a blue moon,

you saw me sitting alone without a spoon in my bowl.

Amongst the white expanse of milk, you floated into my mouth and onto my heart.

Soo sweet, so sad.

But there were more to accompany you, the pink, yellow & blue striped rainbows that didn't have pots of gold at the ends like you deserve, as those floated out of your reach...

Don't give up baby.

There were red baloons that did oh so carry my spirits high for the rest of the day.

I miss you, without having ever met you.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.