As may be readily seen, I've already fallen behind on my New Year's resolution to do more daylogs. So here is one. .... Nothing much going on here.

Okay, a few thoughts. Random ones. My mind is delightfully a jumble.

First, today is Thursday, worshipfully named for Norse Thunder-God Thor. Which makes me wonder why the days leading up ought not be named Hulksday and Ironmansday.

Yes, I am still working my way through the last four node audits per my offer during THE IRON NODER CHALLENGE 4: FERRASSIC PARK. I offered to do complete node audits of each and every participant who topped 15 nodes in that hunt, and am about a third of the way apeice through the audits for the big noders; for Glowing Fish (up to page 19 out of 30; for mauler only up to 11 of 24; for Tem42 again only up to 11 out of 35; and for The Custodian up to 17 out of 39.

I waiver on methodology. Perhaps I ought to pluck randomly about instead of going through in the direction of the older and older nodes? Work from the other way? I've estimated I'll burn through 7,000 votes getting this task done!! Oh, Sisyphus, do you taunt me with the ease of your task?


----

On another, wholly unrelated tangent. I have a thought to get off.... perhaps this will only make sense to one other person out there, but I think it is generally poor sport to speak mockingly of dead contributors of philosophical thought, especially as to all-around good men who in their last years and months poured real effort into conveying to us their bearings -- even if such conveyance involved a great deal of wordiness and perhaps some arcane formulations of esoteric concepts. Considered criticisms of especial points of reasoning are legitimate; but sophomoric adoption of somebody else's soundbite mantras of mockery -- well, surely no good can come to the soul of he who so trifles with the one in death. Perhaps the soul, or the conscience, or the 'ego' knows when it has done wrong, and simply punishes itself; perhaps the prospect of this ought to discipline us towards being better people about such things.

----

And, lastly, been getting the usual occasional peppering of pandeism-related questions, here and elsewhere; I'll collect and comment upon them via node in relatively short order. After all, it is a known fact that I practice nodism, and indeed, I am in the node right now....

Blessings to all!!

The Daylog: 16-Feb-2012

11 new nodes were posted to Everything2 on 16 Feb 2012.
Highest-rated node: Tomato soup (recipe) by alex at +26 Rep

Also among them:

AAPT followed up his recent w/u on Indian Traffic with some more reminiscences about India. I'm a sucker for travelogue and quite enjoyed reading them. In a similar vein, rajani noded a short story entitled Suds Buds about a young woman in Boston sentenced to community service in a soup kitchen, estranged from her grandmother in India and struggling to put together the misfit pieces of her life:

I didn't know how to pray or what to pray for, and needed a ritual to soothe me. I chanced upon the idea of washing each piece of my story in the soapy water while praying for some clarity, some understanding. And so with everything I had in me; confusion, self-pity, shame, doubt, fear, and the tiny shred of faith I was holding onto, I started to wash each thought that came up in my mind along with a plate. And so it was, that as I pondered my rather challenging relationship with my sole living grandparent, Mara had tried to grab the soapy plate a moment before I was ready to surrender the thought. ...

(This was rajani's first node since 2009, kiddos! Give it a read. A nifty story, hoping for more.)

Other news: Hell no! borgo's favorite watering hole caught fire! No worries, it's still standing. He turned the anecdote into a factual w/u at grease fire.

And a recipe fiiight! NanceMuse vs alex. The battleground: tomato soup. I think alex comes up the champion this time by unveiling his secret unstoppable technique, orzo, which sounds god-damned delicious.

Do not think that you put too little pasta in it. Orzo is an ideal noodle: left unchecked, it will expand to absorb all available fluid and fill all available space. This property of orzo makes it great for leftovers. Overnight it will have expanded again and you can make another complete meal by adding a bit of water. In fact, if you put in too much orzo you could find yourself doing this for two or three days as though you'd acquired some tasty but malevolent noodle cornucopia. ...

Another poem from rosetinted, still my (other) favorite 0-leveler this week. This one-- fish upon the sand-- is short, smutty, and comical, three qualities I much enjoy in a poet.

Rounding out the rest: a poem by Intentions, a quite clever little story by raincomplex (crane), a daylog and a factual/opinion piece by Pandeism Fish, and an E1-style two liner from AAPT about Murray Head.

(That last one is right now sitting at the interesting Rep of +8/-8, you guys. I am heartened to see that the people who upvote E1-style nodes are now reaching an equilibrium point with the people who hate hate hate them.)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.