The farmer from some story, but I can't remember which. However, that's not which one I'm talking about. For some reason, (this is from my own personal experience, mind you), if anything funny enough to be made into a joke ever happens on a farm, the farmer involved is always named Brown. For example...

Chicken wire

Farmer Brown is sitting on his porch one day, smoking his pipe, and he sees little Johnnie walk by carrying a large roll of something. Farmer Brown calls out, "Hey there, Johnnie-boy! What you got there under your arm?"

"This here's chicken wire?" says Johnnie.

"What're you doin' with chicken wire, Johnnie?"

"I'm gonna catch me some chickens!"

Farmer Brown laughs. "That's not what chicken wire's for! You can't catch chickens that way!"

Little Johnnie shrugs. "We'll see."

About half an hour later Johnnie comes headed back the other way, the chicken wire unwound, and stuck in the chicken wire are more than a dozen chickens, clucking and flapping. "Well I'll be," says Farmer Brown.

The next day Farmer Brown is out on his porch, puffing on his pipe when he sees little Johnnie walking by, carrying another roll of something in his hand. "What you got there today, Johnnie-boy?"

"This here's duck tape," says Johnnie.

"What're you doin' with duct tape, Johnnie?"

"I'm gonna catch me some ducks!"

Farmer Brown laughs. "That's not what duct tape's for! You can't catch ducks that way!"

Little Johnnie shrugs. "We'll see."

About half an hour later Johnnie comes headed back the other way, the duct tape unwound, and stuck to the duct tape are more than a dozen ducks, quacking and flapping. "Well I'll be," says Farmer Brown.

The next day Farmer Brown is out on his porch, puffing on his pipe when he sees little Johnnie walking by, carring a bushel of sticks or reeds or something. "What you got there today, Johnnie-boy?"

"This here's pussywillow," says Johnnie.

Farmer Brown says, "Hang on, son. Let me get my hat."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.