A merit badge
for Boy scouts
. This is a required badge for Eagle
. Taken from meritbadge.com:
- Prepare an outline and discuss with your merit bade counselor what a family is and how
the actions of one member can affect the other members.
- List 10 reasons why you are important to your family. Review these points with your
parents or guardians and with your merit badge counselor.
- Prepare a list of your regular home duties or chores (at least five) and do them for 90
days. Keep a record of how often you do each of them.
- With the approval of your parents / guardians and your merit badge counselor, decide on
and carry out a project that you would do around the house that would benefit the family.
Submit a report to your merit badge counselor outlining how the project benefited the
- Plan and carry out a project that involves the participation of your family. After
carrying out the project, discuss the following with your merit badge counselor:
- The objective or goal of the project
- How individual members of your family participated
- The results of the project
- Do the following:
- Discuss with your merit badge counselor how to plan and carry out a family council.
- After this discussion, plan and carry out a family council to include the following
- How to avoid the use of drugs and drug abuse
- Understand the growing-up process, how the body changes, and making responsible
decisions dealing with sex
- Personal and family finances