*To access previously published information on the Federal Sanction Military Platform Inferno, please see FSMP Inferno Technical Overview, A102.06. Ths is a continuation of that work...

OFFENSIVE CAPABILITIES  




Offensive capabilities include, but are not limited to:

-ARROW

-Menoen MDOC

-Razor URLG

  ARROW. This is an acronym for Atomic Revamp and Redirection Overcharge Weapon. The ARROW is a highly effective capitol-offense system designed to obliterate destroyers and cruisers with a quickness. The exact workings of the ARROW system are highly-classified, and each Kingdom has its own variations, but they all fall into five categories: Type 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 (Type 1 retaining the smallest yield, and Type 5 the largest). What is known (to all who care) is that the ARROW system involves nuclear energy redirection via extremely powerful and controlled electromagnetic vortexes, and regulated energy amplification. The power source produces nuclear energy which is channeled through electromagnetic vortexes (the number of vortexes depends on the Type); in these vortexes, the stream of nuclear energy is "revamped," meaning that certain elements are added to different aspects of said stream to increase the weapon yield. In other words, these streams are "seasoned" in a unique way in each vortex. The nuclear stream is then redirected into a much larger vortex for final elemental additions, and is then accelerated via an electromagnetic accelerator. What ends up exiting the accelerator is a focused, high-density and highly concentrated stream of "overcharged" nuclear energy. The yield chart below lists the supposed damage each Type is capable of producing, rated in megatons. The yield listed is delivered within 2-3 nanoseconds, and is doubled every following 38 milliseconds. ARROW systems have been observed to sustain continuous projection for as long as three seconds, but this on only the most advanced platforms in service. The Type 5 ARROW has been observed to be used, but only twice in military history, the maximum yield being unknown.

ARROW yield chart (in megatons):

Type 1: 200-1,000

Type2: 1,200-2,000

Type 3: 2,100-3,000

Type 3: 3,050-4,200

Type 4: 4,500-5,500

Type 5: 6,000-unknown/classified

The ARROW system is extremely complex and volatile, and has been known to cause fatalities not only among the ones facing the barrel, but also to the ones pointing it.  

 Menoen MDOC. The acronym stands for Missile Defense/Offense Complex, and every corvette, destroyer, cruiser, and battlecruiser platform has one. Simply put, an MDOC is a missile grid that is placed throughout the whole ship, each class of platform having its own unique arrangement of missile silos. The Menoen system is not a certain arrangement of silos, nor is it even the types of missiles being retained in the arsenal, but rather it is the type of brain the platform uses for its missile grid. The Menoen is a partial-artificially intelligent tracking/targeting/assessment system that is basically a complex of sophisticated computers with a main hub, where the Origin (that is, the AI computations/cognitive functionality source) is located. The Menoen can track and target over 10,000 objects at any given time during combat, and can reprogram any number of active missiles mid-flight. Smartmissiles (missiles containing their own Origin) are especially effective when linked to Menoen. The Menoen tracks every outbound and inbound missile, and is able to redirect outbound missiles to intercept inbound hostiles. The capabilities of this AI missile brain system are numerous and advantageous. There are other AI missile brain systems in use, such as the Dyhedron, Peaceguard, and the Nubien, but it is commonly believed that the Menoen is the deadliest (due to its reserve of capabilities). The longest standing AI is the Peaceguard, being in service for nearly two decades, but its missile redirection and assessment capabilities do not come close to that of the Menoen or the Dyhedron. A fairly small number of capitol platforms utilize the Menoen, being that it costs a very large amount of resources and requires constant supervision by high-class Origin engineers. Most deadlier platforms employ the Dyhedron brain, which comes near the effectiveness and efficiency of the Menoen, but not its reserve of capabilities (RC factor).

 

Razor URLG. Ultra-Red Laser Grid. The URLG is a layout of laser cannons protecting every side of the host platform. The Inferno has anti-missile and anti-gunship laser weaponry, but the URLG (often called "Yuri") is a high-caliber laser designed for use against larger platforms (thus the "ultra-red"). In terms of yield, lasers do not come close to particle beams, or the dreadful ARROW; as a matter of fact, lasers do not create any sort of blast per se, save the instances where the beam would come into contact with a volatile component (for example: a reactor core). The URLG (regardless of the amplifier type) is not a blast weapon, but rather a precision damage weapon. The Razor is an exponential amplifier (the laser is projected with an initial heat factor which then is amplified during the entire duration of the laser's projection). The maximum heat factor which the Razor is capable of producing is classified, although it is known H4.2 is the initial factor. It is speculated that this amplifier can push the laser into the 6-range, which is an enormously powerful and hot laser (capable of penetrating five meters of conventional armor in less than a second). Razor amplifiers were developed specifically for Federal Sanction use, and by Foundational Law cannot be utilized by any Kingdom. Fixed amplifiers (amplifiers which "preheat" the laser beam in the ballast before it is discharged, staying at the same heat factor during the entire duration of the laser's projection) are still utilized by some capitol platforms, but mostly by gunships and some fighters. Most modern platforms employ the exponential amplifier. The most common amplifier of this sort is the Incinerator and the Inflamer.    

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.