External Protection Of Classified Information
(From the NSA Handbook)

On those occasions when an individual must personally transport classified material between locations outside of NSA facilities, the individual who is acting as the courier must ensure that the material receives adequate protection. Protective measures must include double wrapping and packaging of classified information, keeping the material under constant control, ensuring the presence of a second appropriately cleared person when necessary, and delivering the material to authorized persons only. If you are designated as a courier outside the local area, contact the Security Awareness Division (M56) for your courier briefing.

Even more basic than these procedures is the individual security responsibility to confine classified conversations to secure areas. Your home, car pool, and public places are not authorized areas to conduct classified discussions--even if everyone involved in he discussion possesses a proper clearance and "need-to-know." The possibility that a conversation could be overheard by unauthorized persons dictates the need to guard against classified discussions in non-secure areas.

Classified information acquired during the course of your career or assignment to NSA may not be mentioned directly, indirectly, or by suggestion in personal diaries, records, or memoirs.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.