1. What is your name?

Major Sir Kevin Weedon (ret'd)

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

Well, it's a little-known fact that I am in fact the legitimate Duc d'Orleans, due to the randiness of my great-great-grandfather (and the apparent willingness of my g-g-grandmother).

I'm also English and a socialist, which is why I don't talk about it much. At this very moment I'm looking for a job, and after a wife. Actually I have a job, I just don't get to do it very often.

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

Oh, blushes will ensue if I tell the true story about how in 2001 I was looking for something on oculolinctus, then wrote something up on the subject, so I'll just say that I stumbled across E2 via Google. Oh, you're not recording this now, are you?

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

I have hrair favourites, of course, but off-hand, I'd say that some of the more memorable nodes are pellicle mirror, Old Peculier, Sequoia National Park, Monster of a Meaner Disposition... I could go on.

Of my own? Well, there's L. Ron Hubbard (took me a year to get it down to that length), John Thomas Cholmondeley-Minge (actually, me) and Saint Bastard's Day. Oh, and gallon, because I love debunking the alleged superiority of the British over the Americans (and only occasionally, vice-versa).

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

Favourite? Has to be at the handfasting ceremony back in '05. So many noders came to wish us well, many of whom I barely even knew. Then there was the hospitality shown by so many folk who've put me up during my travels. I'll spare their blushes.

Least favourite? Maybe that would be De-Barneyfication Day.

6. What keeps you coming back?

That there are more likeable people than not, that E2 is a constant series of surprises, that I have met so many new people here, that there are new challenges, and mostly, noders are smart, funny and quirky.

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

I hope that E2 carries on being an eclectic mix of writers and writing. I'd love for it to continue to attract and develop folk who aren't afraid to push at the boundaries once in a while. I'd love the community to remain the odd bunch of characters they are currently. I like a little fibre in my food.

8. What does E2 mean to you?

It's friends, it's (mostly) entertainment, it's (occasionally) hard work, it's (frequently) learning, and almost always fun.

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

Well obviously, you are my Number One Fave! There's also riverrun who is not just a great writer, but encouraged me from my first days here to develop my writing (and always carry a notebook!). Then Gritchka who is brilliant, witty and no longer on E2. RalphyK whose anarchic comedic style I still miss in New Writeups. The wonderful and hospitable dannye, who bravely allowed me to stay in his home despite my being a dirty socialist. All of them, each for different reasons. Then there is my lovely wife, grundoon, without whom &c.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

Christine says Stanley Tucci but I think it would be Anthony Hopkins.

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is are to the world."

Hummingbirds.

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

Q: Anything else I can do for you while I'm here? A: Pay my tax bill?

Q: Is that all your own hair? A: Yes, and it's hell constantly worrying about split ends.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact wertperch or Jet-Poop.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.