1. What is your name?

thefez

2. What is your quest?

To come together with my stalwart band of compatriots and storm the Citadel of Informatics - dispatching guardians, looting what can be downloaded or carried away while burning the rest for posterity.

3. What is your favorite color?

Gray or blue or green. Favorites can change, ya know?

4. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

Long ago nate and hemos had an ambient radio show at a small religious college in Western Michigan. I wandered in one evening to say hello and steal some music when nate showed me a website he was tinkering with on his 286MMX laptop (which has since been entrusted to me - I am to destroy it upon his capture). He called the site "Everything.com". I created an account on the site that evening. Sometime after that there was screaming. I can't recall specifics. There was a lot of screaming back then.

5. What do you see as the most significant changes that have happened to Everything over the past decade?

Increased functionality. The end of the 512 character cap. Catbox. Refinements in the level system. The meatspace scene.

6. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

Everything this dude touches is golden.

7. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

Favorite: The gatherings. Definitely. Least favorite: I'll tell you over a drink. You're buying.

8. What keeps you coming back?

The people and the salad bar. Not necessarily in that order. Friendships. Communication. The occasional writeup. The softlinks. The nodeshells. Maybe a scholarly paper or two?

9. What do you hope for E2's future?

Something like this, but everywhere. Apocalyptic daydreaming aside, I have no prefabricated hopes for E2. I want to see it evolve, or devolve, while observing it and learning a little about the life cycles and group dynamics of online social networks.

10. What does E2 mean to you?

Do you remember Cheers? Norm and Cliff? Yeah.

11. Is E2 a writing site, a community site, an online encyclopedia, or something else? What should it be?

Yes. Yes. Somewhat, yes. What should it be? Profitable, damnit!

12. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

The Custodian, Icy, s/a/b, knifegirl, sensei, Jinmyo, moJoe, don, WickerNipple, perdedor, radlab, iceowl, riverrun, P_I, many others.

13. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

Salma Hayek. She'll probably have to shadow me for months to really get the nuances. Or Will Smith - people will watch him do anything.

14. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

The questions you should've asked but didn't are largely ones the lawyers and relocation people say I'm not supposed to comment on anyway, so no.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact thefez or Jet-Poop.







__________





thefez: would like to personally thank Hal for his words, his wit, and his wrath...They are all loved

Halspal Put it in the interview, pal.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.