1. What is your name?

Patrick RichardsFink, noder ID "eponymous"

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

Lately I've gone back to school to become a therapist. I am about to get my B.S. and was admitted to grad school in the fall. I'm in my mid-forties, recently lost my home to foreclosure, came out as bi to the world about 4 years ago, was diagnosed with Aspergers about 2 years ago (my teenage son has had an Aspie diagnosis for about 10 years now).

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

I discovered E2 because a web forum I participated in at the time had a couple of members who went to E2 briefly.  They left after a couple nodes, I stayed for a few years.

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

I can't even say.  Every time I come back, I find something new or old that makes me say "Wow!"  I think my favorite writeups of mine own are The truth about pennies and Editor Log: November 10, 4004 B.C.

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

My favorite moment was the day EKW came about.  I still use an EKW profile that is guaranteed to make most people recoil in horror -- 00ff00 background with purple print.  My least favorite was April Troll's Day.  For me it was the beginning of the end of my stay at E2, even though I was a regular noder for another year and a half. But for me E2 lost something very special that day, and now more than ten years later, I still find no humor in it.

6. What keeps you coming back (or not coming back, as the case may be)?

I only pop in for a moment every few months or years now, mostly because I have other things going on.  I blog mostly about bisexuality and bisexual issues at fliponymous.wordpress.com these days.  I think the thing that really caused me to separate from E2 was the period when it was offline combined with the horror that was C2 (which I had very high hopes for until I found out that the vision of C2 was nothing at all like what I had been led to believe). I cut way back on my internet usage for a couple years about that time as well.

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

That it never goes away.

8. What does E2 mean to you?

It was a place where I was safe at a time when I was in the closet everywhere else.

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

I don't have an answer for this. The E2 crew at the time I was here the most were a great group.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

I would be an entirely CGI character with a genderless voice and no face -- it wasn't until I left E2 that I put my name and gender out there, I always stayed gender-neutral.  Which was soooo freeing and awesome.

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

Geocaching.

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

I think you covered the highlights pretty well, and I'm grateful to have been asked to participate.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact eponymous or Jet-Poop.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.