1. What is your name?

Rosangela Canino-Koning

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

I am a graduate student at Michigan State University, studying Computer Science and Evolutionary Biology, though I've been and done other things.

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

I used to work at The Image Group. Nate was living with some of my co-workers at the geek house, and he was looking for people to test this new toy site that he'd whipped together while drunk over a weekend. This was Everything. I made an account, and posted a few writeups, but then lost interest and moved on to other things. About a year later, another co-worker told me about Everything2 and how big it was getting, and I was like, huh? That old thing? So, having forgotten my password, I created a new account and posted some nodes. I hung out in the catbox a bit, and then found the IRC channel. And then, I dunno, I got sucked in. Maybe it was reading Incestuous Everything and hearing her breathing. Maybe it was the friends I made. Anyway, I wrote some stuff. I wasn't very good, but it felt good, to write. People knew who I was at noder-meets, especially later. I'm still not sure why.

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

Stereotypically, anything by jessicapierce, or junkpile (ssshhhhh), but, honestly, I don't even know. Everything on here is so damned good, how can I choose?

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

My favorite memory was of my first nodermeet, at Dana's apartment. We played whirlyball, and drank mead that Dan brought and talked talked talked. Avatars made flesh, sitting cross-legged on cheap carpet, leaving imprints on your ephemeral buttocks.

6. What keeps you coming back?

I don't. Not really.  After September 10, 2001, I felt so helpless, having friends that I couldn't touch or save or even convincingly make the attempt. We think we know each other, but we don't. So, I withdrew. I orbit somewhere out beyond Neptune now.

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

That it will continue to be as beautiful and fresh for every newbie as it was for me.

8. What does E2 mean to you?

I don't know. A lot. Nothing. A home. A rendering of a web page before I shut my laptop. What does anything mean?

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

I miss sensei, and hermetic, and grundoon, and all the others who've gone before. The rest of you are only an easy mouse-click and an ocean of apathy away.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

I'd play myself, of course. I would act poorly and wear cake makeup.

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

A sweet little town where every sign is both truth and a lie.

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

You should ask how rich I've gotten off my minor internet celebrity. The answer is VERY.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact Void_Ptr or Jet-Poop.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.