1. What is your name?

Henry, though I can be identified various places around the interwebs under the pseudonyms of Spedoinkel and Lord Hackish.

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

Let's see. I was raised in a catholic family, but I eventually formed my own views of religion and universal cosmology based on my own experiences biases and reading a lot of fiction.

I graduated from college with a BFA majoring in Theatre with a minor in creative writing, essentially following the playwriting degree plan but not having that specifically written on my now worthless diploma. And lately I spend my time working, reading, playing video games and table top rpgs with my friends.

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

I was shown E2 back in college by my friend Patch who had joined thirteen days before me. He said, "You like the Hitchhiker's Guide, right? Check this out." And indeed I did. I started nodding stuff pretty soon after, before I really knew what I was doing, and this was back when we had looser standards...so yeah I've got quite a bit in Node Heaven, and quite a bit that needs to be rewritten.

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

There have been several I've really dug over the years. Butterfinger McFlurry of course, Touch the Puppy, Bag of Crushed Child, Schrödinger killed his cat...you know the classics. But I also really enjoyed collaborative stuff. Like grundoon's Tell me of the nature of love and the short lived e2Collaborator's project Briefcase Full of Souls. And you can see my several contributions to the Gone in Sixty Seconds Theatre Quests.

I've read a lot of fiction, and some poetry I could stand, even adding my own (I'm still particularly proud of A smiling statue), but I keep coming back here whenever I want to do real research.

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

Favorite: Good times I've had in the catbox, including some times I embarrassed myself.
Least Favorite: Some times I embarrassed myself in the catbox.

6. What keeps you coming back?

While in comparison to the vast breath of information available on the internet E2 is just a nugget of knowledge, but I trust the info I find on here more than I do anywhere else. Also the community is a bunch of wacky peeps that can be fun to talk with or even argue with. And I am often amused when a misspelling of a common word of phrase in the catbox can turn into a hour long tangential joke.

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

That it doesn't die. That it gets more of the exposure and acclaim that it deserves. That it doesn't turn into the rest of the internet. Have you see how people talk out there?

8. What does E2 mean to you?

A mathematical improbability. You can't multiply infinity!

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

I have to admit I haven't been on much in the last year. Being distracted with various things. I come back for brief spans and then fade out again. But there have been people I always liked to see, like grundoon, heppigirl, androjen (I had so much trouble spelling her original screen name), TenMinJoe, Jet-Poop, Ancientsnow, and jessicaj. I thought thefez was cool. I interacted with sensei, but not as much as I would have liked. The old Devs.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

The guy who is seen every time the main character(s) rides on the bus who is just visible reading a book or chatting with someone. Easily forgettable as stage dressing, except for that one scene in which he is shouting out the window and shaking his fists at a bistro.

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

E2 is to the Internet as anarchists are to the world.

Some know what they are talking about, some are there for the rhetoric, but most don't have many delusions, and they all want something better.

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

What are you going to do next?

Um...I'll say something productive, but it probably wont end up being that.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact Uberbanana or Jet-Poop.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.