1. What is your name?

Luca Kaceem Butler Masters, but you may call me General Wesc.

2. What is your quest?

I'm still a wandering soul; my quest is to find my quest.

3. What is your favorite color?

'Tis not the individual colours that I favour, but the harmony they create together.

However, ultraviolet is very nice, as it helps me create vitamin D.

4. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

I assume there was a link on Slashdot. I just now tried looking through the articles posted the day I joined and I see no specific link. I do, however, see the announcement of DeForest Kelley's passing, which is something I associate with Everything.

5. What do you see as the most significant changes that have happened to Everything over the past decade?

The move from E1 to E2, with the moving of the bar pulling a close second.

Notice how I don't call it 'raising' the bar. The bar moved around a lot, but to claim that it's consequently higher or lower seems wrong.

6. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

Well, The Node Linked to All Others was a big part of my life for a while, but it's long gone.

I like that E2 teaches me novel random facts. Trying to pick out a small collection of representative articles would be difficult, though, and the one I really wanted to throw out there seems to have been deleted.

For all you noders out there: There are a huge number of things to write about, some of them so obscure that there's not a lot to write about them. Don't be afraid to create a short write-up, so long as it says all that needs to be said. Those are golden.

7. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

Dealing with DMan was the worst. Not because he sucked, but because we all did.

My favourite is a lot harder to choose. So I won't.

8. What keeps you coming back?

ENN is on my RSS reader. Also, the little bit of discovery every day.

9. What do you hope for E2's future?

More of the same. Only more so.

10. What does E2 mean to you?

It's an abbreviation for 'Everything 2', an online database I frequent.

11. Is E2 a writing site, a community site, an online encyclopedia, or something else? What should it be?

It's all of those things, and I mostly like it for being a place to learn novel facts. For long-winded, impersonal articles I use Wikipedia. People on E2 don't just say 'X', they say 'X!' We're allowed to express that we think the stuff we're writing about is wicked interesting. We can be funny. We can be witty. We can be as interesting as the stuff we're writing about.

12. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

My favourite noders qua noders are Tem42 because I like learning random things, Segnbora-T because I like learning a lot about things, and Gritchka because language is so freakin' fascinating.

13. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

Mark V. Shaney.

14. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

Yes, and the answer is 42.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact General Wesc or Jet-Poop.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.