Pillu se on pulullakin.

-- Traditional Finnish proverb

Under no circumstances to be taken as an exhortation to engage in ornithological bestiality, this traditional, mildly obscene and highly politically incorrect proverb suggests that in times of need, the easiest solution is to lower your standards. The common pigeon is, after all, a rather ugly little gray bird with beady eyes and a fat ass, but despite its lack of attention-catching magnificent plumage or long shapely legs, it too is capable of sexual reproduction with a member of the opposite sex -- at least if the MOTOS closes its eyes and lets biology do the work.

Incidentally, Sverre informs me that pigeons do not, in fact, have a pussy since in avian anatomy, the vagina, urethra and anus are all combined into one hole. But then again, the whole point of the proverb is that a hole's a hole...

I've been trying to come up with a lower bound on how long I would have to think about this saying before I came up with the the easiest solution is to lower your standards interpretation (which an earlier writeup tells us is the meaning of this Finnish epigram). I'm not sure there is one, because I probably never would.

But, the disclaimer in the original writeup notwithstanding, the only way to see that meaning is actually to consider the point of view of the hypothetical beastialiphile (?) because, despite what gn0sis says, Mother Nature has provided that nothing entices a male pigeon more than the sight of that cooing female with her beady eyes and fat ass. There is no lowering of standards in his eyes. In fact, he's probably put her up on a pedestal (or on the statue thereon) and is quaking with fear because she's so fine.

As Jubal Harshaw said, a female warthog can be very attractive -- to a male warthog.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.