Eric Harris is known as one of the gunmen who entered Columbine High School on April 20, 1999 and opened fire on staff and students. The other guman was Dylan Klebold.

Eric David Harris was born on April 9, 1981 in Plattsburgh, New York. Son of Mr. Dwayne Harris and Mrs. Katherine Harris, younger brother to Kevin Harris.

While in the Air Force, Eric's father Dwayne Harris held 11 different positions at 6 different bases from Oklahoma to New York. New York was the last place they moved before his forced retirement from the military due to cutbacks. The Harris family moved to Littleton, Colorado in 1996 from Plattsburgh, NY.

Eric was described as a motivated young man who wanted to join the Marines although his application was rejected 5 days before the shootings due to his anger management issues and the drug Luvox which he was required to take because of this. Eric's bedroom was in the basement of his parents house. His shelves were lined with boxes of old firecrackers and a collection of miniature cars. A poster with one of his favorite musical groups, KMFDM, was taped to the ceiling. Another band Eric liked was Rammstein, a German band. Eric studied German, and used to translate the songs to his friends.

During the Columbine shootings Eric wore black fatigue-style pants, a white T-shirt on which was written 'Natural Selection' and a black trench coat. He wore the matching black fingerless glove (the left was worn by Dylan Klebold) on his right hand. He also wore a utility belt and carried numerous bombs. Eric carried a Hi-Point 9mm carbine rifle on a strap and a Savage-Springfield 12-gauge pump shotgun which had been sawed off reducing the entire gun to 26 inches. Eric had fired a total of 96 9mm rounds: 47 outside the school, 36 inside the school, 13 in the library. He had fired a total of 25 shotgun rounds: 4 inside the school and 21 in the library. Eric died when he took his own life by firing his shotgun which he had placed in his mouth.

Eric Harris' supposed suicide note has been discounted as fake by the authorities.

Eric's autopsy summary is as follows:

Final Anatomic Diagnoses:

1. Through and through high energy contact gunshot wound involving the roof of the mouth associated with:
A. Extensive lacerations of the scalp and soft tissues of the face
B. Massive fracturing of the skull
C. Evacuation of the brain - cerebral cortex and brain stem
D. Extensive fracturing of the facial bones

COMMENT: The autopsy findings in this case reveal that the cause of death is due to massive head injury secondary to a high energy gunshot wound involving the roof of the mouth, consistent with a shotgun. This wound is consistent with self-infliction.

Signed,
Ben Galloway, M.D.
Forensic Pathologist

Note: This note was obtained from the Associated Press, who obtained it from the Denver Rocky Mountain News. Misspelled words, capitalization, and grammatical errors belong to the original author of this note.
By now it's over. If you are reading this my mission is complete. I have finished revolutionizing the neoeuphoric infliction of my internal terror. Your children who have ridaculed me, who have chosen not to accept me, who have treated me like I am not worth their time are dead. THEY ARE FUCKING DEAD. Surely you will try to blame it on the clothes I wear, the music I listen to, or the way I choose to present myself - but no. Do not hide behind my choices. You need to face the fact that this comes as a result of YOUR CHOICES. Parents and Teachers, YOU FUCKED UP. You have taught these kids to be gears and sheep. To think and act like those who came before them, to not accept what is different. YOU ARE IN THE WRONG. I may have taken their lives and my own - but it was your doing. Teachers, Parents, LET THIS MASSACRE BE ON YOUR SHOULDERS UNTIL THE DAY YOU DIE. Am I insane? Maybe. Is it my fault? No. I did not choose this life, but I have indeed chosen to exit it. You may think the horror ends with the bullet in my head - but you wouldn't be so lucky. All that I can leave you with to decipher what more extensive death is to come is "12Skizto." You have until April 26th. Goodbye.

Eric Harris, April 19th.

It is widely believed that 12Skitzo is a reference to an Insane Clown Posse song called 12 off their Riddle Box album, which is about a executed man who comes back from the dead to kill the jury that convicted him. When I saw ICP in Pittsburgh in January of 2000, Violent J had this to say between songs:
"We've been getting a lot of bad press lately about Columbine, and how the shooters were supposedly juggalos. They've been asking us for sound bites... quotes of the minute, if you will. Well, I've got this to say... if those two faggots in trenchcoats had been Juggalos, they would have gotten the whole damn school."

Stone said authorities now think the note was authored and sent after Harris and Klebold died. But police have not ruled out that the note may have been written by an associate of the assailants.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.