Enjoy Life products are designed to be free of the most common allergens also known as The Big Eight. Unfortunately, most of their products also lack taste in addition to being free from dairy, egg, fin fish, peanuts, shellfish, soy, tree nuts and wheat. One notable exception is the Enjoy Life brand of semi-sweet chocolate Mini Chips. Ingredients are as follows: Evaporated Cane Juice, Natural Chocolate Liquor (Non-Alcoholic), Non-Dairy Cocoa Butter. Normally semi-sweet chocolate chips are an ingredient I can easily live without. Enjoy Life has taken what is typically a chalky pallid tasting chip and replaced it with a flavor filled chip that insures your recipes will not land you in the Emergency Room.

Enjoy Life products are certified gluten free, their chips are manufactured in a dedicated nut and gluten free facility which is the gold standard when it comes to prepackaged gluten free foods. These chips are also free from casein, potato, sesame and sulfites. While some Enjoy Life products contain dairy and/or soy the Mini Chip package specifically states that the Mini Chips are produced on a dedicated dairy and soy free line. It is also reassuring to me that Enjoy Life further tests their products to insure that strict allergen controls are met. While a lot of this probably seems like overkill if you suffer from food allergies you are grateful that there are companies out there with these kind of controls in place, moreover the chips are significantly tastier and I would argue higher in quality than store generics and Tollhouse versions.

According to their package Enjoy Life supports organizations that help people with dietary issues. Their Mini Chips are kosher and they remain a conventional item I choose over the organic Sunspire brand that supports Fair Trade. The Enjoy Life Mini Chips are more expensive than other brands however if you are searching for a safe chocolate chip this is the best allergy friendly version I have found. I use these chips in my gluten and dairy free Banana muffins, I toss them into trail mix and have eaten them straight out of the glass jar I use for storage. Enjoy Life does not use any artificial ingredients, trans-fat or GMO's. The Mini Chips have performed consistently and you can reduce the amount since this is such a high quality chip. Life is stressful, food allergies compound that which is why I buy the Enjoy Life brand of semi-sweet chocolate Mini Chips.

www.enjoylifefoods.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.