Engoo Daily News is a news site designed for English as a Second Language students, featuring articles written in simplified English, with vocabulary and discussion questions. The site posts about 2-4 articles a day, in various topics, many of which are centered around science, technology, health and lifestyle. The articles are also classified by level, according to the IELTS scale, from 5 to 9.

The site is maintained by Engoo, an online tutoring company based in Singapore. Although it is on the Engoo website, anyone can use it. I work for another online tutoring company, and many of my students want to do Engoo articles. I find them interesting, and helpful for learning. As I mentioned, they tend to be focused on subjects like technology and lifestyle, rather than "hard" news, probably because it is more fun and easy to learn English when reading an article about the world's oldest turtle or a moon rover than it is to learn English while reading about international conflicts (and of course, often online English tutors and their students might be on different sides of a conflict).

My own philosophy as an English tutor is that students should work on authentic texts, written by native speakers, for native speakers, as soon as possible. That being said, I think Engoo's clean interface, helpful study guides, and pleasant and diverse choice of subject matter is a great tool for people learning English.



https://engoo.com/app/daily-news/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.