The following story proves cats have 9 lives.

I had the opportunity to interview a college student today who had a bizzare story. She had just returned to the university after heading home for the weekend. The distance between her home and the college? Nearly 200 miles. Little did she know that she had a stowaway kitten inside the engine compartment to her car. So when she got out of her car and heard a "Meow," well she was shocked.

It's kind of like the movie Homeward Bound, except the opposite. The kitten has seen better days back home, but for whatever reason it climbed under the hood of a car. Nearly 200 miles later, two unsuspecting college students realized what's happened.

"He turns off the car, and we hearing this meowing," explained the college student.

"Meowwwww."

"So there's this meowing and I was like, OH MY GOSH, you have got to be kidding me," she said.

It took a bit of coaxing to get the kitten out, and when they did, a kitten with engine burns and a hurt leg came out.

"It's kind of morbid actually. Oh my goodness, this little cat is all burned up! I didn't really think cats had 9 lives until now of course," she continued.

The furball had gotten through quite an adventure, and it's not surprising that the student gave her a fitting name, Miracle.

"It almost died during the night actually because of shock. It's heart was really low. It was... (Irish breathes really fast)... So it's really good that it made it through lots of prayers," she said.

Maybe the kitten was hiding in the engine to stay warm, but whatever the reason, she's now 200 miles away from home. A local family offered to adopt the kitty, which is well on it's way to a full recovery. But she'll just have to be careful since it's probably her 9th life of 9, or who knows, maybe cats have 10 lives?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.