October 3, 2000
Everything Editor Logs
history | prophecy

O dem bones as the server time rolls over, the rotation is complete and once again Everything 2 is right side up. For a few moments. Then, as the seconds flash by everything begins to slant every so slightly. By noon, server time, we will all once more be so upside down and will have to tread nodegel at a furious pace so as not to sink. This is not so bad for godusergroup entities but the editorgroup entities still have vestigial heads and so their sense of equilibrium is affected much more strongly. Poor things. The noders of course are each sitting in the virtual representations of their former homes and offices crafted for them by mr. dbrown and believe themselves to be sitting at desks and so notice nothing of this. Which is for the best really. After all, what can be done? Everything 2 must be rotated daily so that the nodegel does not coagulate and freegel is more evenly distributed.

Speaking of gods and editors, I think that I saw poor, dear ailie's head bobbing slowly by the Everything Quote Server. I also believe that I saw editorial cilia forming on Templeton. Congratulations would be in order if condolences were not more appropriate. Have you no mercy, dem bones? Still, perhaps this way we can get through what modnar wants nuked one day. Noders often do not realize that it takes about as much time to delete a bad node or do a title change as it does to make a new one.

I notice that these logs are often all that I have time to write most days now. Still, the nodes of the many outweigh the nodes of the few and so, as they say, "Man will even get used to the gallows". Thus we serve the primary purpose of nodegel.

Well, that's about all for now, o dem bones. Oh. dem bones? How are the cats?

FFffffffssssszzzlurfg:

Nodes Killed

slashdot by tftv256, at -8. One liner about hot grits - come on, do better than that.
slashdot by klash, uwiz and everyone. One liner about addiction, two liner about it being entertainment, and a writeup containing only its URL and Internet Keyword.
Seattle by rafial, at -8. "A city which I live in" He's just made my egocentrism look like Mother Teresa - that's all you can say? Not like it could have any other merit. tangentman was /msged for his writeup - I found it... lacking. *breathe breathe* Do not fail me or the Emperor Bones again. *breathe breathe*
Rurouni Kenshin by Tony Tastey. Entire writeup is one quote without explanation. So incredibly helpful to those who haven't seen it.
Titan AE by no bye no aloha. Explains it's a cartoon movie from Fox. Looking for just a tad bit more here...
ferret by gunga-din and grell. Old E1 nodes. They don't die, they just fade away - well, kinda.
hamster by fpmip. Old def.
blinkenlights, blinkenlights sign, English Version of the Blinkenlights Sign by cpwright, internet sign and blinkenlights sign by methrin. Obsoleted by the Jargon File entry.
foulest depths of HELL by goatish. Slagging Bill Clinton and Bill Gates - go shoot fish in a barrel.
gore by lemonhead. Maybe its incoherency is a modern art piece in one line. If so, then treat my reaction to it the same way.
Mephistopholes by darksmelt and goldilox. Mispelled.
No Suprizes, really!!! by STrRedWolf. Absolutely incoherent and mispelled. That and I really don't see a point.
geezer bait by robwest. Pointless response.
ouevre by robwest. Mispelled, according to tregoweth. Damn french.

Gods - Nodeshells to Delete

blinkenlights sign
English Version of the Blinkenlights Sign
JonKatz must die
foulest depths of HELL
Olmsted Adminstation Hall
Mephistopholes
No Suprizes, really!!!
ouevre

Grooviness: I swept up The Old Node Revival Squad by sleeping wolf and bore it to the green green slopes of the Page of Cool, where it reposes in glory. I really dig the idea, and I hope it prospers.


If I HAD to do quality control on E2, which writeups would I kill?
  • If you HAD to fuck one of the presidential candidates, who would you choose? by psydereal: Noooooo . . . It was better than I'd expected, but not good enough to justify the thirty desperately unamusing imitations that would have collected beneath it. I /msg'd the user.

    psydereal re-noded this as a result of a misunderstanding after talking to another editor about it. It's still there, too (and has already collected three pointless responses). Go figure. Those responses are doomed. psydereal has maintained an admirable sense of humor about the whole thing.

  • If you HAD to fuck one of the presidential candidates, who would you choose? by deep thought, rae, and fricto: Witless one-liner responses. The original writeup was amusing. It wasn't immortal prose, it wasn't Noding for the Ages, but it made me smile. I killed it mainly because I knew it would attract crap like this. The users were notified, and they were all pretty philosophical about it.

  • no, she really bites by bvmcg (long gone): "I'm serious! Natty bites! Hard!!! Draws blood!!!" Great. Thanks for the heads-up. (And thanks to whoever soft-linked it to the ed log here).

  • Natty by bvmcg "Natty is a nice vixen with a penchant for MUF programming. She bites. Actually, she just nibbles." Um-hm.

  • Blockstackers Needs Pictures by bvmcg: A feature request from some time before the Reformation: "What good is a definition of Bill Gates without a companion picture of the man himself?" Plenty good, actually. Who the hell cares what he looks like? "Bill Gates" was hardlinked to "Satan", of course, and "the man himself" to "feces". I gleefully spared bones' reply, which mentions "endless self-portrait butt shots".

  • DOS memory management by Wormer (departed): "DOS has/had memory management?" Sigh... For those who don't do this stuff, 16-bit DOS and Windows had hellish constraints on use of memory. A writeup about that might be interesting (and we've probably got one somewhere), but this is not informative.

  • DOS memory management by VAXGeek (departed): "I like Less than Jake and ska music. Linux is also groovy, and almost as good as peanut butter." WTF?

  • consequences by dweebette (long gone): "From the root word CON which means to try and get away with something you shouldn't... and SEQUENCE... which means a segment... generally refferring to time... as in TIME OUT." Bullshit.

  • little boys by napir (departed): "Jon Allen likes little boys." Hmmm... puerile, stupid, offtopic, probably wrong... Good writeup there, son.

  • Jon Allen by napir: napir doesn't like Jon Allen. I don't care.


I did the Editorial User Search of Death on bvmcg after being undwhelmed by no, she really bites, and ended up C!'ing his writeup for "irregardless": "People using this non-word should be repeatedly poked with a big pointy stick." TESTIFY!


Doomed Nodeshells: If you HAD to fuck one of the presidential candidates, who would you choose?, no, she really bites

There is no shit. Well, there was until I killed it... "It's all in your head," said ASCIIMan. Why don't you speak for yourself?

I don't believe in anything. Why do you? A list of things Kung does not believe in. The -5 rep suggests that the Everythingians do not believe in Kung. Personally, I don't believe in the Tooth Fairy, but don't leave write-ups about it. If at least you would have explained why you don't believe...

Kung has posted a new write-up under the same title. This one is much better. Though I wish it used <blockquote> instead of <small> - I can barely read it.

Killed: PaSTE's writeup in drinking a quart of chocolate milk in under 5 seconds. He said it was theoretically impossible, then jabbered a bit about quantum singularities and pelvic thrusts. It wasn't near as funny as it sounds. Also deleted the nodeshell.

Killed: cantsin's writeup in WALT DISNEY JR. GREETING. Babbled some crap about Mickey Mouse. Had nothing to do with the node, really.

Killed: VAXGeek's writeup in 2000 Server Advanced Windows. Gibberish. As far as I could tell, he wrote something up, then mixed the words around. So clever and yet so dead. Also zapped the nodeshell.

Glared angrily at: everything in E2 Poll: What was your first computer game? Mine was Pong. Now quick: Does anyone give a damn? Couldn't bring myself to nuke 16,000 writeups, even without penalty.

On second thought, I nuked it myself. I used mercy, so none of you 48 contributors have to complain. Zapped the nodeshell, too.

Killed: Saige's writeup (with mercy) under Saige is a stupid cunt and the nodeshell by DMan. Also Sarcasmo and icicle's writeups (without mercy -- y'all should know better) in Fuck dannye, as well as the nodeshell by Sarcasmo. Any objections? I thought not.

A ching? Why the hell does this warrant a ching? Can't you guys look up some neat biography nodes to ching?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.