Remembrance of Things Past | Future Shock

Used my mighty Powers of Censorship(TM) on:

  • both short, lame-o unfunny writeups in DIG DUG ATE MY BALLS, by SatiN and SweetBob, leaving a nodeshell. Perhaps this should be removed...
  • Random Node, also by SweetBob, which was a one-line speculation claiming that all random nodes are about Brian Eno and linux. I momentarily got pretty depressed at the concept that maybe all of life was about Brian Eno and linux...and then I hit "kill".
  • The Anus by Mighty_KC: "A very kind, warm gentle place, and I heardly ever get to go there *sniff*sniff* (don't mind me I am horney, where is sarahphim when you need her since that is all she is good for)" Wow. Laughed mightily when given the popup "Kill 'The Anus' (place)?"
  • splick by CAPTAIN NEMO. Almost-linkless gross-out node in ALL CAPS about the sound made while puncturing skulls. Yuk.

Note to Gods: SatiN and CAPTAIN NEMO are now nodeless inactive users and can be deleted. (Update: this has been done. Thanks sensei, and whoever did SatiN)

Note to everyone: What's the deal today? Is it something in the water? Election blues? Disappointment with the X-Files premiere? There's a gigantic storm system over Europe at the moment, but from the posts today you'd think it was over North America as well. I've never seen the level of rancor here get as high as it did at various times today. It's ironic that Dman chose today to make his cameo return.

Dark winter days remind me of Melville:

Whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I found myself involuntarily passing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such and upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can.

Be excellent to each other.

Short of that, be nice.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.