What we are looking at is
good and evil, right and wrong.
A new world order.

We're not about to make that same mistake.


George Bush Sr., c. 1991

Good.

  • None found, yet.
Wrong.

Evil.

In my previous logs, I have discussed topics such as:


Nose to the grindstone:

I poked around in my own backyard for a bit and pruned a dozen or so writeups of mine. None worth mentioning here, unfortunately, which is why they're gone.

Additional casualties:

Ed cools and kudos:

  • Your node here.

I had to go open my big mouth.

I was somewhat annoyed at Webster 1913 for listing Native American peoples under plural headwords, which resulted in plural node titles. After a quick reconnoitering with fellow deities, I began the task of making these peoples, who had been in their nodes before I came here, migrate once again.

Webster seems to have put MOST Native American tribes under plural headwords. After an hour of excruciating lag, I managed to get a dozen or so:

(kept and firmlinked Blackfeet)

(Mohawk was singular to begin with)

(someone had already done Seneca)

(can't decide what to do with Kansas)

I let myself in for extra work, reparenting several writeups from a singular-titled node to the plural-titled node, then deleting the singular title and renaming the plural back to the singular. For some reason I felt it was important to have the nodeshell "created by" link say Webster 1913. Dont ask me why.

I feel filthy after handling some of the nastiest, most racist writeups we have.

Firmlinked



Lessons Learned


  • Editors can't remove e2nodes -- only writeups
  • Editors can't edit these E2 titles (presumably because the title and the node_id are inextricable?)
  • Being an editor feels a lot like becoming a commissioned officer: you're really excited for about an hour, and then you realize how much work it's going to be. And then you get really excited.
  • Protons have mass. i didn't even know they were Catholic

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.