August 28, 2000
Everything Editor Logs
yasterday | tumurrahday

Hear o dem bones, a tale of woe.

Of course I have already sent a few typo msgs.

I've fixed three nodes (Fox, I am your father; mutant pocket gopher: 8 bit) as requested by General Wesc.

Title changes were done for mistero, VaiPhile and Segnbora-t.

The following nodes have have vanished into the Crypt, nuked without XP loss:

  • A wireless connection to #everything by Kit Lo. As requested.
  • Stak's Scrotum by Stak. Requested by alex.tan.
There were some requests by users to nuke nodes by others they did not care for. While I did not care for them either, I could not honour these requests. Sorry.

  • Herbert by Morgan. Useless Nov. 13, 1999 node.
  • Words, Wide Night and Warming Her Pearls as requested by consumagenerica.
  • zap by nine9 as requested by mblase: "a perfect copy of the Jargon File entry."
  • Pictures of Everythingians by legbagede
  • One of the writeups at What do you do when slashdot.org goes down?, Everything Stats:Users/Day (document), Everything Stats:Users/Day (document), Everything Stats:Users/Day (document), Everything Stats:Users/Day (e2node), Why Math Is Important To Women all as requested by General Wesc.
  • Requested by the noble Uberfetus: a cancer, technically a Leo but actually a Taurus, technically a Leo but actually a cancer by kaia256;Soph-o-more by kaia256 and TubaMan; troloditic by TubaMan and Frater 219.
No kills today.

Nodes/writeups removed today:
  • Get off my back, Asshole by e1ven. Newbie rant about how spelling doesn't matter.
    -I don't know how many times it will have to be said before people will listen, but spelling matters,

    A LOT.

    Just because your parents and your crummy English teachers didn't care if you could spell, that doesn't mean that this will carry over into the Real World. E2 is the Real World, and it Really matters here. So get used to it and quit whining. If you don't care enough about your self-image and about this data base to check your spelling, I fail to see why we should care very much about what you have to say. (Someone said this better than me somewhere else on here. I think I may have stolen their ideas by way of insane memory disease. Sorry.)

    (Oh, Look! I just found a new website called "spellonline.com" which will check your spelling!)

  • out of cheese error and cookie and pi by main(). With maximum penalty. User /msg'd.
    -You know, there are so many really good new users coming aboard. Then, there are these...
  • Duplicate node, Your first writeup, fxmastermind, and first impression by FX. User /msg'd.
    -For some unknown reason, this user insists on making short writeups in big type with little ideas. This will have to stop.
  • A handful of nodes by slightlymadman. User request.
    -You see, if you new folks will read the front page, you can avoid all this extra work for your unpaid editors later on, when you find out you like it here and want all your early "mistakes" to "go away."
  • tehy by dimka. Please don't node misspelled words!
    -Oooh, that makes me mad.
  • Three requsts by Crux.
  • What's so great about breasts? by Strawberry_Milk at user's request.
    -Although, I must say, I was tempted to answer that question for the user.
  • Nuked a node about "guess a number between 1 and 10" after Wharfinger had killed the original w/u.
    -I agreed that it should go. Meaningless waste of space. He /msg'd users.
  • A "sexist joke" w/u by derc. The stupid joke had alredy been told.
    -Does this user not read the node prior to posting his "stuff?"


On the DMan events of yesterday: I, like Knifegirl, am sorry I even got involved. I'd like to tell Jet-Poop and theFez and anyone else who was involved in this debacle that I do not, in any way, condone the way DMan has comported himself in public arguments. I've tried my best to get him to keep things private when he has a disagreement. However, I do think that some folks here are aggravating the situation.

Solution? I wish I knew. I do know that this whole ongoing mess has become tiresome and very, very boring.

In addition to the carnage below, I /msg'd a lot of people about errors both large and small.

In the space of about two minutes right around 18:00 server time, I plucked the first three of these writeups out of the incoming torrent and nailed their sorry, worthless little asses to the barn door:



I don't consider the above to be real abuse of the everyone account; people do equally moronic things with their "real" accounts all the time (as above, even). "One click cures it, and you ain't a man until you had it", or, uh, something. It's two clicks anyway; there's a javascript confirm box. What I mean to say is, I think it's a problem not with the everyone account per se, but with some cretin having severe brain damage.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.