Eddy Hall is a residence hall in the Alumni Quadrangle at the University of Connecticut, named after Willard Eddy. Active best describes Willard Eddy. A graduate of the Connecticut Agricultural College in 1928, Eddy went on to become a trustee of the University of Connecticut, elected by the alumni in 1940.

    Willard Eddy was born in Simsbury, Connecticut, in 1906. He attended Connecticut Agricultural College from 1924-1928. While in college he was captain of the football and baseball teams and in 1926 was named an All New England half-back. He was also president of the Student Senate and the freshman class, as well as a member of the Druids, a secret society which honored student leaders.

    After graduating from college, he joined the Alumni Association, where he remained involved until his death in 1988. He was vice president from 1934-36 and president from 1936-38. From 1940-48 he was alumni representative on the UConn Board of Trustees. He was also a member of the Alumni Council from 1970 to 1988.

    Mr. Eddy served as a member of Brooklyn's Board of Education, Housing Authority and the Republican Town Committee, as well as working for Hartford Electric Light Company.


--back to University of Connecticut--

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.