Eddy Hall is a residence hall in the Alumni Quadrangle
at the University of Connecticut, named after Willard Eddy. Active best
describes Willard Eddy. A graduate of the Connecticut Agricultural College
in 1928, Eddy went on to become a trustee of the University of Connecticut,
elected by the alumni in 1940.
Willard Eddy was born in Simsbury, Connecticut,
in 1906. He attended Connecticut Agricultural College from 1924-1928. While
in college he was captain of the football and baseball teams and in 1926
was named an All New England half-back. He was also president of the Student
Senate and the freshman class, as well as a member of the Druids, a secret
society which honored student leaders.
After graduating from college, he joined the Alumni
Association, where he remained involved until his death in 1988. He was vice
president from 1934-36 and president from 1936-38. From 1940-48 he was alumni
representative on the UConn Board of Trustees. He was also a member of the
Alumni Council from 1970 to 1988.
Mr. Eddy served as a member of Brooklyn's Board of
Education, Housing Authority and the Republican Town Committee, as well
as working for Hartford Electric Light Company.
--back to University of Connecticut