This is a pretty easy cheesecake recipe to make, and because you bake this version the results taste like you purchased it from a fine bakery. This is for a double-batch to make two complete cheesecakes because there's always room for more cheesecake.
Assemble the following ingredients:
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Soften the cream cheese. I buy cream cheese in two-pound blocks, so I cut them into small 1-inch cubes on a dinner plate and place them in the microwave to get soft. It takes around a half hour, don't turn on the microwave by accident. Keeps any wayward insects from discovering the delicious cheesy goodness.
Building the Cheesecake:
- Beat the softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with a mixer until blended. I usually start slow and increase the beating speed.
- Add eggs and continue beating until it is just blended. Do not over-beat.
- Pour the mixture into the two crusts.
- Top with a layer of cherry pie filling to the top of the crusts.
- Place on a flat baking tray if you would like to prevent any spillage and oven cleaning later on. It also assists when removing the cheesecakes after they're baked.
- Bake 40 minutes on the center rack or until center is almost set testing with a long toothpick. I usually just go with 40 minutes and pulling it out.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours.
Eat one whole cheesecake with a large tablespoon while crying and watching the Joy Luck Club or a Nicholas Sparks movie. Save the other one so nobody knows what you did. Your secret's safe with me.