Popular with children, Easter egg hunts are usually parent contrived games where a large assortment of chocolate eggs, or jelly bean eggs, have been hidden somewhere in the house or in the back yard, which is often claimed to be the work of the Easter Bunny. The idea of course, is for the child is to run around and find all the eggs they can before their other companions. These events can often become very large when entire families get together, or someone throws an Easter party for young children.
However, it should be noted that there are different types of Easter egg hunts that take place.

Capitalist: This is the original, primary type of the Easter Egg Hunt, and can be considered the most natural of all the different iterations. The Capitalist Easter Egg Hunt is only controlled by the supply and demand of the primary commodity:Easter Eggs. There are no rules in this system as to what is the "right" way to acquire Easter Eggs:pushing, kicking and biting is fair game, there is no traditional rules to the game. Like pure capitalism, this game rewards the most powerful, intelligent, and motivated players in an Easter Egg Hunt. Those that are weak and lethargic, will proverbially "starve to death" from the lack of chocolate or jelly beans, and will be relegated to the 'have' not column. Here they will be constrained, controlled, and manipulated by the well supplied, suddenly all powerful holders of the almighty candy, and be forced to trade cheap labour for nourishment.

Hamiltonian: This is a modified version of the Capitalist egg hunt. While the Hamiltonian Easter Egg Hunt is still capitalist, it has its roots set firmly in the ideas presented by the early American economist, Alexander Hamilton. This simply means that the government will play a role in the Easter Egg economy, and is a slight shift towards the left, towards Federalism. The parents of the players or "the state", become more involved in the hunt, forcing their children to put on shoes and jackets, and not to run on the pavement. The parents also invoke a judiciary system or a set of rules, which limits the aggression available under the capitalist system. Of course these rules can be bent if you have a really good accountant, or use your muscle out of view of the parents. The results of the Hamiltonian Easter Egg Hunt are similar to that of the purely capitalist one: the best and quickest are rewarded generously. However, a strong parent/Easter-egg-economy-relationship ensures that the slowest do have a chance to at least keep what they have found, and not need to worry about losing too much to the elites.

Marxist: This type of the Easter Egg Hunt can be very broad. While this can fall under the capitalist banner, with a Democratic-Socialist Easter Egg Hunt, it can also move to the extreme left with a communist one. The nature of this shift to the left lies in the fact that an Easter Egg Hunt is a zero sum game. This means someone must lose in order for someone to win; this does not sit well with children, and more so, with over protective parents. The state then assumes total control of the egg hunt, to the point where you need to get a permit to even participate, and often involves bribing an official. The outcome of the game is very different when compared with the Hamiltonian or capitalist games. The basic premise of these games is that the rich must share with the poor. In the moderate case this might involve a taxation of the Easter egg rich, or to the extreme with Communist Easter Egg Hunts; a divying up of all the eggs, which are then equally distributed. This of course doesn't reward the best egg finders, but benefits the worst.

"Which is the best system?" is not an easy question to answer, and has dogged many economists and theorists for centuries. I would suggest that if the ages of the players are similar, then the best bet is the Hamiltonian Easter Egg Hunt, which rewards prowess and helps prevent screaming fits and fighting. If however the group of egg hunters are broad in their age, then a more leftist, Democratic-Socialist Easter Egg Hunt is in order, to prevent the youngest in being dominated by the older. Lastly, if the players are too old to be looking for Easter eggs, but are doing it anyways in an attempt to remember what it was like to be a kid, or in some sort of a moronic attempt to avoid studying for their University exams, then a pure capitalist system is in order. Parents are no longer needed to supervise, we hope.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.