A character in Star Wars: Episode II, Attack of the Clones (never named in the script, only in the credits). My understanding is that there is some kind of word play at work in this character's name, but, as usual, Lucas is too subtle for my thuggish sensibilities. Sleazebaggano is notable as the vehicle for a deft, witty, if somewhat anachronistic, while not at all heavy-handed, courageously iconoclastic anti-smoking message.

The scene in question follows. (I suppose at this point I should warn off readers who have not seen the film yet, but I assure you, little is given away--assuming you know already that cigarettes are bad for you--you knew that, didn't you? They are.) Obi-Wan is drinking in a night club on Coruscant. Sleazebaggano offers a familiar white cylinder to Obi-Wan:

ELAN SLEAZEBAGGANO: Wanna buy some death sticks?

OBI-WAN looks at him. He moves his fingers slightly.

OBI-WAN: You don't want to sell me death sticks.

ELAN: I don't want to sell you death sticks.

OBI-WAN moves his fingers.

OBI-WAN You want to go home and rethink your life.

ELAN I want to go home and rethink my life.

He leaves. OBI-WAN lifts the drink and tosses it back.

(Screenplay by George Lucas and Jonathan Hales)

Now that Lucas has once again taken on the tobacco industry we can expect it to collapse in short order. My recommendation would be that tobacco growers take up the production of whatever substance is distilled to make the glowing blue bevereges which were so ubiquitous a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.