Seriously?  I leave for a few months and No, Virginia, there is no Santa?  What's up with that?!?!  Alright, since I AM taking a sanity break I herewith present...

 

 

E2SS2K11 

 

so play nice, children.   I don't want to have to spank anyone (and believe me, it WILL hurt you more than it hurts me).


 

(Blatantly recycled) Rules

  • Sign-ups will be open from October 15, 2011 through October 31, 2011. Everyone will be assigned on November 8th, 2011.  
  • You must send out your gift by December 1, 2011 (and tell me about it) or else a backup will be assigned and you will be added to the non-senders list. 
  • There is no limit on spending. We have had some really neat items sent in the past. Homemade stuff is by far the coolest.
  • Nobody got the super sekrit good luck bearing gift last year (yet again... *sigh*), so it's back out on the block.
  • The usergroup created for us is E2SS2011. Please don't abuse it - I know my inbox can't handle too much more traffic. I'll use it for announcements (deadlines etc.), and if you have questions you think everyone might be wondering about by all means do use it.
  • When you receive your present, please send me a /msg stating that you received it, and, when you open it, at least a little bit about what you got.  I always think it's so cool to find out what weird and wacky (or awesome) stuff we send each other.

Regarding Non-sending

If you have signed up, and you find you can't fulfill your obligation to send a gift to your noder, be it for financial reasons, health problems, time constraints, or whatever other reasons there might be, it's ok. I understand - things happen. Please, all I ask is that you let me know as soon as possible - I have had a bunch of people volunteer to be backups - so I can get your noder reassigned and gifted preferably before Christmas.

I won't be pissed unless you just don't do anything without notifying me. If you drop the ball like that, you will not be allowed to participate next year. I know that many people I hold dear here at E2 are reluctant to join in this year because of previous bad experiences, and I don't want that to continue. I want us to be able to have faith in one another, and depend on each other to fulfill our obligations.< /end rant/lecture/sermon/whatever>


How to sign up


Official E2SS2K11 Sign-Up Form

Send to martinagthompson@yahoo.com

E2 Username:

Name you want packages shipped to:

Email Address you can be reached at:

Things you would like to receive?

Any other notes:

Address to ship packages to:
(Even if it is in EMAR put it here)

Special shipping instructions:

Willing to be a backup?

Anyone you don't want to be assigned?
(reasons include, but are not limited to: being your SO, someone you despise, someone you had a one-night stand with, someone you previously gifted in a sekrit santa, or any other reason. But don't tell why. This will be kept strictly confidential, of course.)


Other Info

  • Let's make this fun. I really don't want to have to ask the Ninjagirls to help us out again this year.  Ok, I AM a Ninjagirl, and will send the Sooper Sekrit Monkey Death Squad to non-mailers. Mmkay, thanks!
  • I will be asking my pet god to create a /msg list (E2SS2K11) for all of us. Please don't abuse it. 
  • It might help to place any additional information about you on your homenode. When I assign out people I will send the information you put on the form, but by putting more information they can actually learn a bit about the person they are sending this to.

Questions? Feel free to /msg me. Thanks!


Participants:

to clear up some confusion, I place a (SENT!) after the RECIPIENT's name when you tell me you've sent your present, then replace it with the /msg telling me what it was when it arrives. Don't Panic.

 

  • gwenllian - SENT! 
  • kevi - says I got 2 cool blow-up animal thingies (not like that, get your mind out of the gutter) and a kick-ass USB drive shaped like a robot whose eyes light up when you plug him in 
  • Ian - says I got the book Hoot, which is awesome, because I love the movie. I got 3 fossil shark teeth, a plastic ant (I think it's supposed to be food for the plastic lizard which is a clue to my secret santa) and a salmon filet.  I'm not sure if I can still eat the filet cuz it sat under the Christmas tree for a few days but it's cool to look at anyway (it's got skin and everything).
  • gwenatrix - says I got 2 presents!!  I got a Shaun the Sheep DVD, and then I got a coloring book, some really cool colored pencils and a chocolate letter "M" (for Maya!)  - Yum!!! 
  • lizardinlaw - says thank you! I got delicious very chocolate cookies in a nice tin, a snow globe kit, a book written in the 1960s about medical quackery which looks both fun and relevant, gummi-scrabble, a bumper sticker and (scrabble, scrabble) I think there was something else....Fab!
  • museman - SENT!
  • corvus - says Hey, I got a second secret Santa package today from androjen in addition to the packet of CDs from someone earlier this week. This package is awesome, with a couple of books, some cookies, and a knit axolotl!
  • androjen - SENT!
  • sloebertje says re E2 Secret Santa 2011: I received my package last week! Unfortunately the envelope arrived already open, so I hope I got everything I was meant to. I received a book, a handmade notebook with a drawing of Santa on the first page and a box of crayons.  So, my "crayons" are actually tiny crayon carvings, which I didn't know cuz I don't know what crayolas are supposed to look like. My bad for not noticing that , my Secret Santa put hours into making them!
  • tem42 says I done forgot to tell you -- I got a selection of seasonal treats (including home-baked cookies), a groovy book, a brain sticker, and a small, ugly daemon. The box was adorned with skulls. The cookies were laced with iocane powder, which was delicious.
  • synechdouche - SENT!
  • yannmatin says I love my gift! I got two books that both look really good, and a nice little Christmas card. It's a lovely present and I'm so happy! Thank you so much, Santa!
  • your name here...

 

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.