An RPG published by Last Unicorn Games in 2000 based upon the Dune novels written by Frank Herbert. The full title is Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium. It contains wonderful source material and stunning artwork.

This book was produced in a limited print run, many of which were sold at GenCon '00. It was to be followed up by another print run in early 2001, but Last Unicorn Games was engulfed by Wizards of the Coast. At first, this seemed it might be for the best, as Last Unicorn Games had a fairly limited budget. If they could crank out a product of this quality with what they had before, think what they could do with WOTC's resources...

Unfortunately, this was not the case. While WOTC planned for a short while to produce a Dune book for their new and improved D20 system, they decided to cancel nearly all licensed and side products, including a Harry Potter RPG(which was probably for the best), most Alternity products, all but the main sourcebook for their Call of Cthulhu D20 book, which was moved from mid/late 2001 to early 2002, and, of course, the Dune D20 book and two supporting titles. As of now, WOTC holds the license and is not willing to produce Dune products.

Due to the rarity and quality of this book (2,500 printed, I believe), its value has at least doubled. It tends to sell on E-bay for twice its price or more, and it is rare to find it for less than $50. If it is found for less, it is often "temporarily unavailable," which means they're awaiting a shipment from the publisher that will never arrive.

If you enjoy Dune at all, you will probably like this book. Even if you don't roleplay, it's so full of interesting source material and so well written that it would be difficult not to enjoy it. Unless you're a nazi. Maybe even then.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.