Our family was in a supermarket. It felt like we didn't have any particular products to buy but we were just walking around the store. I was shocked by the prices of Lego
- Look at these prices! The cheapest one is ... aw .. 30, I was wondering. That's a lot even in marks
, but euros.. No way!
- And think how many of those i had to buy for you boys, a bitter sweet
remark by Dad.
- No one made you to.
A shopkeeper heard our conversation and gave a bad eye. Also Mum, who just sat behind us, heard our wee debate and tried to cheer me up:
- Aye, youse want something?
- A candy would do.
- Here you go, have two. There's cordials.
But it wasn't enough, they wanted to have some fun on my expense. Mum started ranting, joined by Dad and wee borther Tero, about my lousy wish:
- You wanted a candy while you could have had your million. Isn't that what youse wanted!?
- Aye, but..
- No buts! My wee boy wants candy..
- Youse really some bloody moron.
- I didn't hear her properly..
- Hah hah "I didn't her.." You could have had anything..
Next, I was beating the dirt out of my t-shirt. It had some big holes and was badly worn out. Dad insisted me to throw it away but I told him it will have some use.