I've been having the following strange dream for the past few weeks. I'm walking down the hall in my old high school and everyone is wearing bathrobes. A bathrobe is high style in my dream, and I'm the only one not wearing one. For some reason, I am clad in the Abercrombie garb, and my crotch itches. I make my way to my locker, spin the dial to the proper digits and open it. End of dream.

Clearly a "game dream."

The game was about an escape from a POW camp.

The characters I controlled were trying to plan escape, as the guards ran into the barrack and noted what they were up to. The officer came in and warned us not to continue on our plans.

As they were about to leave, someone else (not "my" character) said "never mind, I have another plan ready..." and told the whole plan while the guards were listening.

The officer was obviously furious. Next I knew, the escapers were in a bus being transported to another camp.

One of the guards threatened us, but then, something happened, and they were scared of a female civilian passenger. I switched on the first-person view, and just thanked her for that... and then noticed why the guards were scared: She had seven fingers on her right hand. Then I wondered why the guards were scared of that...

She said most people didn't notice that right away, and my character was the first one to do so so fast. I examined the hand closely. It had six fingers, and one that was growing. I moved the extra fingers, and could feel the hand bones moving - I thought that might have been painful, but she didn't seem to mind.


Interpretation thing: Yesterday I saw a game called Prisoner of War in TV...

The interior of the building was shaped like a square-based pyramid, and I suppose that the outside was too, give or take the usual oddments of roofing. The floor was bare earth, and it was a sealed chamber. The four alien seeds, new to earth, had been planted in the soil, and I was watching them, In a short time, maybe a day ot two, they had each grown into the size of a man. They were still growing.

Later, it had come near to fruition. The entities had merged into one biomass. It had become alomost fluid, and covered the lower parts of the chamber. It was flowing up the overhanging walls, trying to meet at the middle and fill the chamber. When this happened it would send it's signal to the stars, like a pillar of light form the apex.

The structure was intricate. The surface was covered with colour and forms. Each form was inside a diamond-shaped tile. Each form was similar to the ones around it, but across the surface gradual, directed change was evendent. It was beautifull.

I wondered if it was safe to stay. Would my being be merged into the new organism, expanded; or would it simply be broken down for raw materials, eaten?

I wanted to stay.

I dreamed, that my wife and I were spending some time together. It was a beautiful spring or summer day. We were just walking around in an urban setting. It was near the heart of an old city and there was a castle there. There was a sense of importance about the place. It was a place of history and ceremony. Entrance was free.

We walked about the castle climbing higher and higher. At the top, there was a gathering of people and a sign outside a room saying: "Today, change your name to Smith & Jones." Curious, we entered in and took a seat near the back of the room. There was a man behind a raised partition at the front of the room. He was an official of some kind. All the people sitting there were dressed in a Western theme and the room looked like a saloon from the old West without the bar.

He spoke: "All those partners that want to change their names to Smith & Jones, please stand." Everyone got up but us. I look at my wife in an inquisitive way as if to suggest we should stand and change our names too. My wife looked at me with panic in her eyes. I started to rise and pulled her up but she resisted. She said to me: "I want to be your partner, but changing our names to Smith & Jones, I don’t know about that."

The crowd got restless waiting for my wife to decide what to do. There was a woman on the left side of the room who spoke up, "You seem to want a wedding not a partnership." Shortly thereafter, we left that place and started down again. At first the trip down was as easy as the trip up but then it got harder and harder to find the way. We got separated. And I ended up wandering around the lower levels of the castle on my own. Some people were trying to get out over a fence. They had small mementos in there hands obviously pilfered from the castle. For a while, I watched their great vain effort to escape with the treasure. At last, I found the well-guarded exit but couldn’t leave without my wife. So I wandered some more until, to my great relief, I saw her coming towards me. Only then we exited the castle together.

From my dream, I was left with the sense that God makes some things hard to do for a reason because they require careful thought and gut wrenching introspection before you commit yourself to a path that will change your life. He puts people and other obstacles in your way as tests that help you think clearly about what you are doing before you make a decision that will effect not only you but the others you care about.

I also got the sense that objects and things that are so important to others compare nothing to the importance I place on my relationship with my wife and that my relationship is just and right. But, my wife never did change her name after we got married. Go figure.

My dreams have become alot less vivid and exciting now that I've taken up the unusual habit of sleeping at night. Barely lucent, and wholly unremarkable. Perhaps I should sleep with the lights on. Example: Today I woke up from a dream in which I was in front of a house, with lots of chairs. Only one table for these hundreds of chairs. The scenery was uglied by a hill jutting out the ground at a right angle. This of course is where the CIA black sedans were appearing, of course. I was hanging out with the lead singer of Ministry, Hemos of Slashdot fame (although he was always behind me, so don't ask me what he looks like), Hank Hill from King of the Hill, and Sylvia Saint or Anna Kournikova. For the purpose of the dream these two blondes seemed to be interchangable, they were never seen together, ala Clark Kent and Superman. We all talked about how bad Voyager and Enterprise both are, Sylvia said she rather enjoyed Voyager and would've appeared in it if asked. Oddly she had a transatlantic accent. The conversation meandered all over the place, about how we would all like to meet a nice woman, and why we can't get the latter two seasons of Blakes 7 here in America and other wanderings. Finally Anna went off saying she'd give "a mile of head" for the chance to .... I woke up.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.