- / +


This seems like a sequel to yesterday's dream...

I was visiting my grandmother and my two uncles. They had bought a new pet: A cat/dog hybrid.

The animal in question was outright groovy. It looked exactly like a dog, I can't pinpoint the exact breed though. What made it special was the fact that it acted, moved and even sounded exactly like a feline, more accurately a domestic cat. It was a really playful and friendly creature. I played with it for a good while and really enjoyed its company. It even purred gently when someone pet it.

Maybe with genetic engineering they could come up with fauna like this. But who would want one? I myself am a cat person. If I was to purchase a cat, I'd want it to look like one too. Food for thought.
I woke up late from a dream where i had learned 3 magic words (i think they were actually two, but my dreams don't care about numbers) and a ritual which would excuse me from fines for overdue library books. The ritual involved frayed ribbons.
As i got dressed, i kept repeating the words, so i could write them down later. But when i got to my destination, all i found in my head was Laurie Anderson's Language is a virus.

- / +

  • Most people were gone. Not dead exactly but gone from the earth. I stood with my eyes tight shut, couldn't stand to watch it happen. A quiet voice told me it was over and I opened my eyes to see a man I thought was my enemy. I had to fight to relax and accept everything that had happened and I had to do it right then. I took a breath and let it out and became a different creature. He took my hand and we went to look for other people.

    We did not ask why this had happened. We had all known it was coming.

    In the car I was excited at the thought of seeing who was left. We drove past a window with movement behind it and I yelled, "People!" We stopped and went in and I fell into a stranger's arms laughing.

  • The man came in to buy candy, an obscene amount. I held the door for him and walked him to his car. He said he was a teacher, which I knew because he had the same kind of cuteness as Mr. Byrne.

  • The kids had gone elsewhere, maybe they were between classes. Everyone had left piles of books and cds they had ordered from Troll, lying in heaps beside their desks. I went through them, unashamed, finding out more about these kids I did not know. Some had bought baby books, which didn't make any sense, they were in 5th grade. One had bought things only having to do with death, or the Grateful Dead. I realized this was Ben from high school, and he always was morbid and sad. I didn't know how to fix him.

  • I put on knarphie's socks and they were still warm.

  • The monster grabbed the skeleton and took it under the mud for a moment. When they came back up the skeleton had a round valve in its forehead and a series of whistling holes where its mouth had been. Now it could see us and sing.

  • Explaining to Pete what I had dreamed so far.

  • Closing time and we were kicking out the last customers. Straightening the magazines a gigantic burly swaggering black man walked past me, talking to himself. Yeah. I just get so caught up in knitting, I lose track of the time. Beautiful handbags.

  • I asked Lauren Nix if she thought pie-flavored jellybeans were a good idea. My other option was actress-flavored. The Chinese man was cute and he wanted me to come to his house in the mountains. Would not quit pestering me to share a cigarette with him so I walked away. His ex-girlfriend sang me a song about "He has seen hundreds like you pass this way, you mean nothing" and she laughed and told me not to take offense, she only meant white people in general, but I knew she meant women, and I was worried.

  • The pizza place was interesting and so were all the customers; it defied probability. The boy who had taken me there was shy and kind of disappointed when other people joined us. I wasn't; I liked all of them. One beautiful girl wouldn't stop talking to me, which was ok, but she was obsessed with where we were, showing me every little detail of the kitchen. Sometimes they let me roll my own dough! She was thrilled, and I liked that. Eventually she went away but later she called me. Next time we'll go by ourselves. None of those other people to distract us. This made me nervous but I also liked the sound of it.

I wasn't involved at all, or if I was, I was a five year old that someone left sitting in the middle of a busy highway. Wasn't hurt at all, but managed to cause a 79 car pileup. Finally some family with a minivan going to Houston picked me up off the ground, while the police were talking about a horrible gang that left five year olds lying around. We went to a giant industrial park that had huge piles of candy lying around. We looked, on foot, for the dairy queen, and found it amid Razor trucks, trucks with giant razor blades on them. Two years later, I was in school. I wasn't allowed to compete in the races, and the children were forbidden to make valentine's day cards for me. I found one enormous one, though, made by my cousin Dante, in the shape of a sparrow with a fence design inside, thanking me on behalf of the entire school for discovering all those new drugs to treat HIV.

update: At some point in the dream I was speaking french very fluently; I was so pleased at how fast it all came back to me. I have no idea when or where this was, but I know I dreamed it last night. I was just in the library and picked up a french book and had the very very clear and fresh memory of speaking french, though it's been a year now since I've spoken more than a sentence at a time to anyone.
Darklock and I are two blocks up Granville, by ArArAt, lobbing napalm grenades with catapult-like strength at Thext on the bridge who is ostensibly trying to catch them and throw them back up here, at Darklock's (non-existent) car.

Only problem is that our aim was atrocious and only something like 2% of them made it anywhere near thext, for him to lob back and likewise miss.

We did cause a great deal of collateral damage (property only - it was 4 am and there was no traffic in the area) and eventually the police showed up. Thext scattered while Darklock and I jumped in his pristine vehicle and drove away - straight towards them. As we got near, a female police officer began making inane small-talk-interrogation with Darklock - Do you know what day it is? How big are your shoes? In what direction are you heading? - he slowed down to avoid mowing down the cop, but then sneakily drove past them the way they came!

Regrettably, I woke up before the chase, a favorite part of past dreams with pukesick.

in our last episode... | p_i-logs | and then, all of a sudden...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.