before / after

she's here. I can't see, I can't hear, but I know she's here. she's somewhere, around me. maybe. I can't tell. she's moving, pulsating, shifting in and out of context. I wonder where she's going, who else she's seeing. I feel warmth. it's soft, gentle. reaching around me. it makes me think of a cloud, but that's not it. it has more mass, I can feel it's pressure. it's caressing me, comforting me. she's not here now. there's a breeze, cool, sexy. a shuffle. behind me. I turn to see her leaning against a wall. I trace a line around her hips, her waist, gently up the curve of her back. her skin is soft. she's warm, wet. I run my fingers through her hair. her tongue tastes minty.

- / +


It was a warm summer day.
I was on a train traveling inside the greater Helsinki area with my aunt. I was on my way to a hockey game which was for some reason held in a small rink in a very remote place.
My aunt stayed on the train as I got off. After walking a dusty road for a good while I reached the "arena", where lots of people were present drinking beer and being noisy. The organizers were directing cars coming in to the parking area.

Suddenly, my stomach started to hurt like hell. I remember wondering if they had any portable toilets anywhere near.

I woke up with a nasty stomach ache. I knew eating that stuff with lots of cayenne in it before going to bed was not a wise move.

As with many previous dreams, this one didn't make much sense. I don't like hockey at all, and my aunt doesn't live anywhere near Helsinki. And how they were planning to keep the ice from melting in such a warm weather?
The inner workings of the human brain are so very interesting...

- / +

  • We put scoops of ice cream in the refrigerator, I don't know why. Mint chocolate chip, the bright green kind. We knew it would make a mess but we planned to have dealt with it by the time she came downstairs. There she was, though, and we had to move fast and sneaky. I wiped up handfuls of green glop in paper towels while the other girl distracted her. "Can I make the ice cubes this morning, Mama?" The lady didn't think so. "Honey, I just don't think we can trust you. Jessie does a much better job of it. You have to use filtered water, you know. It's very tricky."

  • Shopping, no matter where I was headed I ended up in the men's shoe department where all the clerks glared at me.

  • Walked into the living room to find my parents lying around on the carpet naked. My mother was upset and shrieked, "Why did you come out here?" Well, I didn't know you were going to be naked, did I?

  • In the land where perspective didn't matter there was a man after us. We slunk low in the bushes and he went away for a few minutes but would always be back. Could he smell us? or was our world so limited there was nowhere else for him to look? Either way, when he left, we still had the machines to deal with, and the grid of movement was breaking down, which led to bad and unpredictable things like random boxcars jumping the tracks and coming straight for me. The man I was with tried to jump in its path but was too slow. It didn't matter, because the perspective shift meant the boxcar was only about as tall as I was, and it was made out of a soft, crumple-able metal. It was like being knocked down by a Saint Bernard. Not too painful, certainly not life-threatening, but I was getting pretty bruised. I knew the helicopters couldn't kill me either, but they kept diving for me and I was getting paranoid. Why me?
  • I was wandering around in some city which wasn't one I recognized. After wandering into a hospital to use the bathroom at 2 AM, I kept on wandering until it was midday. I found an auto dealership and decided to take a test drive in their new minivan. This minivan really sucked... lousy acceleration, weird-ass controls, and no braking to speak of. I returned the van to the dealership and took to walking again. Someone else taking a test drive didn't appreciate the crappiness of the brakes, and hit me, killing me.

    I instantly reincarnated as a grue chao, sort of... I lived in a VMU, like a chao, but it was a gigantic VMU, and figured out how to 'break out' of it, and so it became my torso. This particular VMU had a button on it which was intended to instruct the chao to become invisible and intangible, which I used often to wander around the city incognito (as though being a lifesized grue chao with a VMU for a body wasn't incognito enough). I suddenly remembered why I was in this city - I needed to rescue Bun-Bun, kiki, and some tabby kitten from main bad guys (Kitty Lily and Spring Breeze Dancin', the evil Broadway-loving aliens in Mystical Ninja). The reason for this was because I was madly in love with Bun-Bun.

    When I got to the bad guy's hideout, I found that both the kitten and Bun-Bun could still be picked up while I was intangible. Kiki was, however, already dead. Bun-Bun was strangely saddened by this, and due to the stress he'd been through, he was sullen. When we escaped, he became angry at the bad guys, but fell in love with me, and so we swore to avenge Kiki's death.

    We went over the summit of a hill, and saw that there were vast expanses of desert mountains. Aslan was battling a minotaur, and so we realized that we had somehow entered Narnia. Aslan had gone somewhat crazy, though, and was strangely frightened of everything, especially the sun, which was setting, and was yelling incoherent ramblings of a madman. We thought it'd be best if we went the other way.

    I am living in my old bedroom back at my parents' house.

    I have turned one bookshelf into an Amazonian terrarium including many different types of flora and fauna; their liberty is constrained by hardcover books and a pane of glass.

    A feral jungle cat (looking suspiciously like Toby) finds a way out and I decide that that's okay, as long as I manage to seal it again so nothing else gets out. He can roam around our house, spraying and stalking us. If he kills me in my sleep, sitting on my face and suffocating me, that's his prerogative - we were holding him in captivity, after all. It's all a fair turnaround.

    in our last episode... | p_i-logs | and then, all of a sudden...

    I asked him, "Where have you been?"
    It had been ages since I'd seen him, but he was casually undressing in my bedroom anyway, like old times.
    He told me he had gone to New York City to get tattooed because otherwise his limbs would have fallen off.
    And sure enough, there were ink coils of wrought iron wrapped around his entire body, except for the place over his heart, which was covered by a round red sun.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.